Ghost of a Chance

The Many Travails of John Smith, Book 3

Pub Date 29 Jun 2021 | Archive Date 02 Sep 2021
Ghost Falls Press, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles

Talking about this book? Use #GhostofaChance #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

"Broken-Neck spat forth a stream of Spanish which no doubt contained disparaging comments about my intelligence. Or my appearance. Or my fashion sense. The only Spanish words I knew were the expletives my friend Mike had taught me. Even so, I recognized insults when I heard them."

The White Ladies of San Diego are one of the city's supernatural powers, organized and led by Graciela. But now their leader is missing, and the Ladies have hired John Smith, supernatural mediator and sometimes-private-investigator to find her. Which raises some questions: How do you track down a ghost? What if she doesn't want to be found? And if foul play was involved in her disappearance like the Ladies believe, how exactly? It's not like ghosts can be kidnapped... right?

John doesn't have any answers. As usual. He also doesn't have much time. The White Ladies aren't known for their patience, and if Graciela can't be found soon, he might just find himself permanently retired.

A Note From the Publisher