Christmas with the Cornish Girls

Pub Date 25 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 27 Nov 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TheCornishGirls #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Coming soon – the second book in the feel-good new Cornish Girls series, following Wartime with the Cornish Girls

It’s 1941, and Christmas is approaching in St. Ives…

Shy Lily wishes she could hide from the war. But when her friend Eva asks if Lily will join her in working at an officers’ convalescent home in St. Ives, Lily can’t refuse. There are officers to nurse back to health, and a Christmas party to plan…

Eva came to St. Ives to be near Max, the stranger who almost gave his life to protect hers. But now she’s there, the wounded pilot just keeps pushing her away.

Rose can’t help envying beautiful Eva, who turns too many heads. But when she suspects the orphanage next door is mistreating its charges, Eva is the only one who can help her uncover the truth…

Together, can they give the children, and the officers, the Christmas they all so deserve?

A heartwarming tale of sisterhood in wartime, for fans of Nancy Revell and Donna Douglas.

It’s 1941, and Christmas is approaching in St. Ives…

Shy Lily...

EDITION Ebook
PRICE A$10.99 (AUD)

Christmas with the Cornish Girls by Betty Walker is a great WWII-era historical fiction saga and is the second book in the Cornish Girls series. I really enjoyed it! I really loved the first book, Wartime with the Cornish Girls, so I knew I had to read on. This is a great series focussing on three friends: Eva, Lily, and Rose and their combined and respective experiences, struggles, and daily lives in England during WWII. I really enjoyed following along as these three women sifted through all of the trials, tribulations, and obstacles thrown their way in their attempts to help out in the war effort, find their own respective purposes and dreams for the future, all while trying to bring Christmas hope and cheer to officers and local children. I always enjoy a novel with strong female characters and friendships/bonds. It is always so refreshing and empowering. I also enjoyed the uplifting and positive ending. Looking forward to the next book. 5/5 stars Thank you NG and Avon Books UK for this wonderful arc and in return I am submitting my unbiased and voluntary review and opinion. I am posting this review to my GR and Bookbub accounts immediately and will post it to my Amazon, Instagram, and B&N accounts upon publication.

Betty Walker whatcan I say another brilliant book. If you love family saga and wartime you must read this series I still feel like I am actually part of the storyline. Cant wait to read more by this author. Thank you Netgalley for my ARC I feel so privileged

Lovely. Delightful. Heartwarming. I absolutely loved this second book in the Cornish Girls series. Set in Cornwall during WWII this book centres around Lily, Eva and Hazel (the three women from the first book) with the addition of Rose. The author created strong and multi faceted characters that you will instantly love. I was cheering them on through the entire book. The setting was perfect and I could easily picture the convalescent home and the orphanage. While the book is full of love stories, it also touches on many important things that people lived through during the war. From air raids, orphans, injured soldiers, rationing to the etiquette of that era, this book shows you just what people had to endure to survive. I couldn’t put this book down and read until sunrise. Reading it transported me to Cornwall and I felt I was there with them. It takes a wonderful author to pull you into a. story and make you not want to leave. If you love romance and historical fiction then this is a must read for you. Thank you to Avon Books UK, Harper Collins and NetGalley for inviting me to read the second instalment in this series. It was a pleasure to read this book. I can’t wait to read more about these women.

A brilliant story, beautifully written and one which I couldn't put down. It was lovely to catch up with the characters again from Betty's first book, Wartime With The Cornish Girls, although this one mainly focuses on Eva and Lily's story and a new character Rose. Highly recommend and I look forward to more by Betty Walker in the future.

This is a long book and at 400 pages I thought it was going to take me forever to read. But once I started I just couldn't stop. I loved this book. I love the characters, Lily, Eva and Rose as they were so easy to get to know and to like. Oh and I love Christmas! This is a heartwarming story that will get right into your heart, it is a story about dealing with all aspects of the war and how people help each other and love each other in these hard times. There was a bit of everything in this book which makes it more readable and more enjoyable. I love this book and have read there was another one before this so I will be checking that one out too. Highly recommend this wonderful book.

I'm so pleased to be back with the Cornish Girls in book2. Eva is working in the convalescent home to be near the man she loves who is injured and doesn't want to see her . Lily begins her job there but doesn't have Eva's confidence. We meet Rosie the ward sister who is very strict with staff and patents but is secretly in love with the local doctor. Rosie feels something is very wrong with the children in the orphanage next door and vows to get to the bottom of even even if it means her losing her job. I just loved this story. So many things happen in this book along with the laughter and tears. Such a good reading. I'm hoping for another book in the series.

I absolutely loved this book. Superb story that kept me wanting to read more and didn’t want to put down. Hope there is another one in the series as I will be first in the queue to read it. Highly recommended.

An absolutely joyous read. I felt like I was living this story with the girls. One of those reads you just can't put down. Makes you appreciate what people went through in the second world war

This is a fabulous book to read if you like wartime family saga's. Betty Walker writes a story that draws you in and has you wanting more. Excellent book 5*

I really enjoyed this title and highly recommend. I feel this will make an excellent addition to anyone’s book collection. Please be sure to go and pick this one up

This is the sequel to Wartime with the Cornish Girls, a book I also loved. This one is about nurses at a convalescent home in Cornwall during World War Two. Thanks to NetGalley and Avon books for the opportunity to read and review this book. Published in November 2021

I love this book...Read the first one and always wondered what happened to the characters...Glad many of the characters manage to find happiness...

How do you know you love reading a book, when you stay up late and you just have to know what happens next. With this book I had a few late nights, because I was enjoying it so much. And now I'm sad the book has finished. For me I can highly recommend this book.

Another delightful story in the Cornish girls series. Hardship and loss during the war alleviated by the kindness and community spirit of those left behind. This story addresses the needs of children as well as adults and was extremely moving in parts. Great conclusion.

I absolutely loved this book. The second in the series and just as good, if not better, than the first one. I enjoyed following the lives of the nurses in the convalescent home. Rose had her suspicions about the way the orphans were being treated and following that story was fascinating, frustrating but fascinating. I loved the twists and turns of these heartwarming, tenacious and brave women in the face of so much adversity. You know you are reading a great book when you don't want it to end. Brilliant.

This is the second book in the Cornish Girls series & it was lovely to catch up on these wonderful characters, I love a good series especially a WWII saga & this is certainly one I’m enjoying following. This story follows Lily & her decision to be a trainee nurse working in an officers convalescent home in St. Ives Cornwall. Her friend Eva has persuaded her to accept the job there where she herself is a nurse. Their paths cross quite a lot with the formidable ward sister Rose Gray. Next door to the the convalescent home is an orphanage & there are nagging suspicions Mr & Mrs Treverrick who run the home are mistreating the children. Lots twists & turns to entertain you in this heartwarming read. People pulling together through adversity & enduring so much doing what they could for the war effort. Looking forward to the next book in the series thoroughly enjoyed this well written captivating read.

This book was such a delight to read! Last year, I read Wartime with the Cornish Girls and was so excited to experience the second installment. It didn’t disappoint! In fact I read it in one sitting. A feel good, charming story that is a MUST READ. I loved the characters, storyline, the light romance, and picturesque setting. And I hope and look forward to the series continuing. Thank you Avon Books and NetGalley for an opportunity to read an eARC.

This is the second book in the Cornish Girls series but it can be read as a standalone book which is good and I feel would reach more readers. The original characters of Lily, Eva, and Hazel are joined by Rose at a convalescent hospital in Cornwall.. As is usual for this author you are drawn into the lives of the characters and it is well written and a fairly easy read. I recommend this book when the Christmas season is upon us. Thanks to#NetGalley for the advance copy in return for an honest review

An excellent follow up novel to The Cornish Girls, but able to be read as a stand alone novel. Thoroughly enjoyed and hope there is more in this series

What a lovey book number two in the series.For fans of English sagas this is special the characters the atmosphere comes alive.Will be recommending.#netgalley #avonbooksuj

Absolutely loved catching up with the Cornish girls again, this book was easy to follow from having read the first in the series, Lily is offered a nursing assistants job where her friend Eva works in a home for wounded service men and when told one of her family will have to leave their current job as there is not enough money to pay those that work in the hall she decided to bite the bullet and go, nervous at first and missing her family but delighted to be with Eva again she sticks with it, faced with many challenges along the way her and Eva's bond gets closer than ever, a children's home next door is not all it seems and frosty miss Gray notices and fights for justice, much more to this story as you read on, Eva fights to get max her wounded solider back on his feet again after being injured badly whilst saving her from a bomb, love is in the air and frosty rose eventually rages Wonderful characters a brilliant storyline and I can't wait to read the next instalment BRILLIANT!!!

Loved this second instalment of this ww2 saga . This book was extremely well written and the characters were fantastic. Set around Cornwall the nurses and their families are struggling. The story tells of their ups downs in romances and work in the follow up to the first book. Looking forward to more from this author Highly recommended

This was a lovely family saga. A great Christmas story which is set in historical era.. I really love this author and her story's.

I requested to read and review this book for free from Avon a division of Harper Collins Publishing. This is the second book in the Cornish Girls series. But could easily be read as a stand alone. Setting is late fall/Christmas time. The war is still going on. This book has romance, mystery, drama and suspense. You will get to continue the journey with Eva, Lily, Hazel. You will meet new characters Rose, Dr. Lewis and Edmond. Can you start over and forget the bad. Can you stop yourself from falling in love. Can love help someone walk again? Can determination help you through the bad and ugly times. This can be read by anyone and read anywhere.