Pickoff

America's Pastime, Book 3

Pub Date 16 Apr 2021 | Archive Date 15 Jun 2021

Talking about this book? Use #Pickoff #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A ballplayer. A diva. The mob. Trouble, 1920s style.

Ace major league catcher Joe Rath suddenly finds himself riding the pine when team management decides they've got to have slugger Frank Walsh on the roster. Only, Walsh brings along more baggage than anybody bargains for.

Meanwhile, Rath's troubles multiply. With his wife already discontent back home, he keeps bumping into a certain breathtaking showgirl whose dangerous situation he can't ignore. A Chicago crime boss enters the picture, and things snowball.

Before he knows it, Rath finds himself not only running the base paths but also running for his life.

A ballplayer. A diva. The mob. Trouble, 1920s style.

PRICE

This was a nice quick read! As a baseball lover I LOVED how details of the game were authentically weaved into the story. The writing transported me into the 1920’s and I couldn’t stop turning pages! The abrupt ending to a possible happy ending and the feeling that Joe went back to his wife just because he didn’t have another choice anymore made me feel kind of icky. Overall, it was a fun and action packed novel that I would recommend!