Don't lie to me

Pub Date 15 Apr 2019 | Archive Date Not set
Buoy Media, Mystery Series

Talking about this book? Use #Dontlietome #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

When twelve-year-old Sophie Williams went on a Girl Scout summer camp, she never returned home.

Three months later, her body is found inside her sleeping bag in the most frequented area of Cocoa Beach, and the town is outraged.

The girl isn't just any child. She's the town's most beloved surf idol, and it was believed that she could be the next Kelly Slater.

As another child, the son of a well-known senator is kidnapped, and the parents receive a disturbing video, FBI profiler Eva Rae Thomas — who has just returned to her hometown, divorced and out of a job — plunges into the investigation, breaking her promise to her children not to do police work again.

Local law enforcement, with her old flame Matt Miller in charge, are the ones who ask for her help in a case so unsettling that only she can solve it. But the deeper they dig, the deadlier it becomes for Matt and Eva Rae. Soon, everyone she holds dear is in grave danger as this case hits a little too close to home.

DON’T LIE TO ME is the first book in the Eva Rae Thomas Mystery Series and can be read as a standalone.

Advance Praise

More than 5000 five-star reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.

More than 5000 five-star reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.

EDITION Paperback

Good book! I really enjoyed reading this book! This book had suspense, action ,drama, intrigue and a great storyline! I'm going through all willow rose books now lol this is only my second one but I've loved them both! I definitely recommend reading this book and series! They're well worth reading! Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for sharing this book with me!

I loved the mystery and suspense of this story. Getting to know a new character is always a plus. So many twists and turns that you don't expect. Another great story by Willow Rose.

Author Willow Rose has woven a great story with characters that you quickly grow to love & hate. Lots of twists & turns. Highly recommend.

Willow Rose tells a captivating story making readers question "How well do you think you really know someone" and "Who can you trust?" A fast-paced read, Don't Lie To Me takes the reader on a race to beat the clock before the air runs out and children are lost forever.

Don’t lie to Me has you from the moment you pick it up. You’ll be entertained with suspense, thrills, twists and unexpected turns. Just when you think you figured it out, Willow Rose throws something ew at you.

Don't Lie to Me is the first in the series with Eva Rae Thomas as the lead character. Eva Rae is moving to CoCoa Beach to be closer to her parents after her soon to be ex-husband up and walks out without a word. She is FBI but has recently quit due to a case that went badly. Trying to get her act together with the kids new schools, and activities, she stumbles into a missing child case taken from Girl Scout camp three months prior. More children will turn up missing before the kidnapper/murderer is revealed. I have previously read other books by Willow Rose and have enjoyed each of them. I was pleased to see this available and was not disappointed. The story was easy to read, although there were a lot of characters pulled into the storyline, but it was well worth the read. I highly recommend it and am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

Fast paced thriller with plenty of twists and turns to keep you on the edge of your seat. I am a huge fan of this author and look forward to any release of her books!!

Eva Rae Thomas is a former FBI profiler who teams up with her childhood sweetheart Matt, a local cop in Cocoa Beach, FL to solve the mystery of the disappearance of a local child surf star from a Girl Scout camping trip. I'll just stop right here and say that I chose 4 of Willow Rose's books to review, never having heard of this author before, but always a fan of a good law enforcement story. Wow! I was hooked immediately. I then discovered that Ms. Rose is a prolific writer and proceeded to order all her books from 3 of her series so I could read the WHOLE story. I had a reading marathon. I am hooked and can't wait to read more. Highly recommend anything by this author! I have voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book that I received from NetGalley. All views expressed are only my honest opinion.

Reading the first two chapters of this novel will rip out your heart. We can all identify with being left out and feeling socially awkward, and your heart will ache for young Sophie knowing what her fate will soon be. Fast forward to Eva, a newly single down on her luck mother of three, trying to pick up the pieces of her life since her husband took off. Sophie's murderer was never found, and now the same saga is happening again with young girl named Maddie. Will she end up like Sophie? With short chapters, mostly first person narrative, and alternating time lines, you will fly through this book. Have your schedule cleared because once you start, you will not be able to put this book down to see how it ends.

Former FBI profiler, Eva Rae Thomas latest case is very personal. No longer with the FBI divorced and a single mother of three very challenging children, she is thrust into the case of a 12-year-old surfing sensation – a future female Kelly Slater – who had vanished three months earlier. Her remains have now been found but…This a page turner and Eva Rae is a credit to all women who work to solve crimes. An excellent read. Thank you to NetGalley and Buoy Media. #Dontlietome #NetGalley

A gripping suspense story by a new to me author. Great plot and characters, a story full of twists and turns. Can't wait to read another book by this author. Recommended. Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine

Great start to the series! I was drawn in right away by the main character, Eva Rae Thomas, and the way the events in her life over the last few years have changed drastically and how she is handling it. Her background is important in the events of the murders that she ends up investigating especially how it affects her children. Great suspense with an unexpected twist. I will be reading the rest of this series. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.

This is the first book in a new series featuring former FBI profiler Eva Rae Thomas. Eva Rae has returned to her hometown with her children newly divorced and out of a job. She quickly becomes involved in a murder and then a kidnapping when her old flame, Matt Miller a local law enforcement officer, asks for her help. Her character is not believable as ex FBI making bad decisions not only as a trained profiler but as a mother as well. Usually when I don’t connect with the main protagonist I don’t enjoy the book but in this case I still really enjoyed the novel and look forward to reading the series.

I discovered Willow Rose on NetGalley and cannot wait to read each and every one of her novels now. Don't Lie to Me" is a light, easy read but full of suspense. I loved this novel so much, and highly recommend you find her novels and sit down for a long read!

DLtM by W. Rose is an Eva Rae Thomas Mystery, the firt book in this series, published by Buoy Media. I'm so happy I gave this book a try. I started reading and connected immediatedly with the characters, fell in love with Eva and their children, even the secondary charaters are exquisit. Eva and her children just moved back in her hometown after an unpleasant separation from husband and father. Eva, the former FBI Profiler, now writer, has to sort out her life, her workaholic days seem over now. What she didn't expected is that just being a mom is trying to put it nicely. Her stay at home husband had a lot on his shoulders and now its her solely job. The story is told in a multiple povs, jumps between past and present and has a plottwist I never had dreamed of. A fantastic read, complex, unputdownable, highly recommendable, 5 stars.

The book was great, interesting characters, fast changing and twisting plot- exactly what I love! I would recommend this book to my friends and family!

Eva retired from the FBI and now is a newly single mother of three kids. She finds the body of a little girl that went missing from a summer camp. Eva comes out of retirement to help Cocoa Beach Detective Matt Miller to solve this murder. Honestly this is the first book i've read by Willow Rose, Will be reading more soon.