Nature and Me

A guide to the joys and excitements of the outdoors

Pub Date 08 Feb 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #NatureandMe #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

An essential guide to encourage children to explore, enjoy and benefit from the natural world around them.

Children are used to hearing about how important it is to protect nature, but they may not fully understand how the natural world can positively impact their emotional wellbeing. With that in mind, this book looks to enhance this time spent outside and show children how nature can be fun, uplifting, consoling, and even offer companionship.

This is a book about how nature can touch us all and help us with our lives (especially when we might be feeling bored, sad, or lonely). Children learn about the ways in which they can be comforted, inspired, and uplifted by examples of nature such as:

– a flowing river
– a cow in a field
– clouds in the sky
– rabbits in their burrows
– stars at night
– or a cuddle with a favorite puppy.

This is an inspirational book, not just educating children about the natural world, but teaching them to love and connect with it. Beautiful illustrations and a tone that is encouraging, warm and accessible makes it easy for children, and their favorite adults, to relate to.

ISBN 9781912891313

A very beautiful book, we love the illustrations and the colour palette of this book, definitely one we’d like to own too. A wonderful walk through nature, covering all areas and aspects of nature. Very beautifully written and kept us captivated.

As a teacher, I think this would make a wonderful resource for my classroom. It is a book stuffed full of facts and unique ways of looking at trees. Did you know this tree takes this long to grow? 2 years would go so fast. What would you think about this? It displays facts about nature in a unique way with beautiful illustrations and offers children a different approach to considering nature. Each page offers opportunity for reflection and mindfulness with lots of talking points for whole class discussions (or discussions with your child before bedtime).