Roar Like a Lion

90 Devotions to a Courageous Faith

Pub Date 14 Sep 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Kids are wrestling with tough issues these days—peer pressure, purpose, unexpected change or loss, and wondering where their faith fits in with it all. Roar Like a Lion encourages your kids to "run toward the roar" as they face their fears, knowing that God is with them every step of the way.

Pastor and bestselling author Levi Lusko is known for making tough topics accessible while drawing his readers toward a richer spiritual life. In his first children's devotional for ages 6 to 10, Levi tackles real issues our kids face with a lighthearted and approachable tone. Kids are equipped to approach both fun moments and tough times with their hearts set on God's faithfulness with the help of fascinating stories and facts, eye-catching art, Bible verses, prayers, and simple action steps.

This 90-day devotional covers highly relevant topics such as:

facing fears about school and friendships having courage to try something new handling new challenges, past disappointments, and grief dealing with peer pressure and bullying understanding how we each fit into God's great story

As a parent and pastor, Levi is able to address real-life situations with compassion, grace, and biblical authenticity. Roar Like a Lion is a great way to spark discussion with your kids on meaningful topics and get them in the habit of reading a biblically-based devotional.

Offering practical approaches to faith in everyday life, Roar Like a Lion will inspire your kids to nurture their personal faith in a God strong enough to protect and guide them as they run toward the roar during the challenges in their lives.

This is a beautiful colourful book and the front cover is what drawn me to this book. There is lots of information in here which will be helpful to children. Thank you NetGalley for letting me read this book.

I love this book! It’s the perfect devotional for the littles in your liven to help them in their walk of faith. I would have bought this devotional just based on the cover if I saw it in the store; so colorful and bright, it captures your eye. The devotional are well written, simple enough for a child to understand, but not just surface level. I think that they will allow for great conversation starters. I fully intend on preordering this devotional now so we have a copy in our home for our kitties, and will be watching for more children’s content from Levi.

This book was a great read with my children. It was very informative and the images kept them captivate while they learned so many new facts. I will be buying a hard copy version of this book for sure. The book was also a good read for a wide range of ages. While my younger children looked more at the pictures while listening, my older son took in all of the information on the pages. The accompanying images also made it easy for us to flip back to certain information that my son wanted to revisit without searching through all of the text. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in learning more about these majestic animals or even just as a fun Book to read and learn something new.