My Brother's Spare

Pub Date 24 Aug 2021 | Archive Date 26 Oct 2021
Lost Island Press, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles

Talking about this book? Use #MyBrothersSpare #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Valeria Anson has always been one in a set, her and her twin brother sharing everything from clothing and toys to their mother's womb.

But the one thing they didn't share was the searing image of their mother's brutal murder, one that haunts Valeria every night without fail.

Almost a decade has passed since their mother's untimely demise, and despite their father's role as Viscount and Chief of the King's Imperial Force, the masked killer has never been caught, still free to roam the snowy streets of Nieve.

Although her father and brother have given up hope of locking the killer behind bars, Valeria refuses to let the case go. But the road to the truth is a lofty one, her secret investigation leading her to Alias Black, the most infamous hitman in the kingdom. While associating with the dreaded killer goes against every one of her beliefs, the heartless assassin may be the key to finally tracking down the masked murderer who lurks in her dreams.

Lying to her family by day and working with Alias Black by night, Valeria must now walk the thin line between right and wrong, justice and revenge, dreams and reality. As the unlikely pair slowly crack the case, they unravel a truth they never could have imagined—not even in their darkest nightmares.

A heart-wrenching and thrilling debut, My Brother's Spare weaves together fantasy and reality, trust and betrayal, and the twisted truth that lurks beneath every cobblestone.

But the one thing they didn't share was the searing image of...

A Note From the Publisher

Hardcover: 9781734174588

eBook: 9781734174571

Hardcover: 9781734174588

eBook: 9781734174571

Advance Praise

"I started this book yesterday and tore through it, finishing in under 24 hours. This book has it all."

"I absolutely fell IN LOVE with the story! It’s definitely a fast paced novel that doesn’t give you much time to rest, but that’s part of what makes it such an engaging and thrilling ride!"

"I teared up during the last few chapters. So bittersweet and so good. If you're a fan of Purple Hyacinth, shadowy mysteries, and sarcastic assassins, I would highly recommend this book!"

"Phenomenal characters, great worldbuilding, and plot twists that can't even compare to most I've read before."

"In My Brother’s Spare, Behore crafts an engaging mystery, a glorious cast of characters, and a world I can’t wait to visit again and again. The writing is sharp, the humor is on point, and the themes are deep and powerful. It’s everything I could have hoped for."

"This book made me tear up, made me giggle, gave me goosebumps countless times. This book made me scream! If you're looking for a sign to read My Brother's Spare...this is it."

EDITION Paperback