Soccer Trophy Mystery

Fred Bowen Sports Story #24

Pub Date 01 Sep 2021 | Archive Date 30 Sep 2021
Publisher Spotlight, Peachtree Publishing

Talking about this book? Use #SoccerTrophyMystery #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Thirteen-year-old twins Aiden and Ava and their good friend Daniel, all avid soccer players, have just learned their county league soccer trophy mysteriously disappeared forty years ago from the town library. It was never recovered. So between games and practices for the town's soccer championships, the three friends try to solve the case.

But will these amateur detectives be able to unravel the mystery and find someone who had both motive and opportunity to commit the crime? Will their teams make it all the way to the championships?

Award-winning author and Washington Post KidsPost sports columnist Fred Bowen returns with another installment in his Sports Story Series, this time tackling important topics like equal recognition for women in sports. At the end of the book, Bowen includes The Real Story behind the disappearance of the original World Cup trophy.

A Note From the Publisher

Also available in paperback 9781682630792 $6.99

Also available in paperback 9781682630792 $6.99

Send To Kindle (PDF)

This book was absolutely adorable! I haven't read children's books in years, but when I was a kid, I was an AVID mystery book reader. (It got to the point where one Christmas, my gift was the entire set of original Nancy Drew books). I chose to read and review this book because the cover immediately reminded me of the ones I read back then. The illustration looks exactly like something you'd find on the Hardy Boys or Sweet Valley High. Soccer Trophy Mystery itself was a great read. It's directly geared for the intended audience; full of "action" packed moments and shocking twists at the end of chapters. I felt like a kid again reading it, and had so much fun putting together the mystery myself. I noticed that this is part of a whole mystery series, so for children who have already read the previous ones, I know they'll enjoy this. For those who haven't yet reached for a children's mystery book, I highly recommend this one. It's the perfect gateway experience into what I personally think is one of the best genres.

I received this book for free for an honest review from netgalley. #netgalley My son loved this book perfect for 8 year olds who love to read