The Kaiju Preservation Society is John Scalzi's first standalone adventure since the conclusion of his New York Times bestselling Interdependency trilogy.
When COVID-19 sweeps through New York City, Jamie Gray is stuck as a dead-end driver for food delivery apps. That is, until Jamie makes a delivery to an old acquaintance, Tom, who works at what he calls “an animal rights organization.” Tom’s team needs a last-minute grunt to handle things on their next field visit. Jamie, eager to do anything, immediately signs on.
What Tom doesn't tell Jamie is that the animals his team cares for are not here on Earth. Not our Earth, at least. In an alternate dimension, massive dinosaur-like creatures named Kaiju roam a warm, human-free world. They're the universe's largest and most dangerous panda and they're in trouble.
It's not just the Kaiju Preservation Society who have found their way to the alternate world. Others have, too. And their carelessness could cause millions back on our Earth to die.
- National media campaign
- National author tour
- National consumer advertising including venues such as, Goodreads, Book Riot, The Mary Sue, NPR.org, Fandom, and Den of Geek
- Early-reader trade and consumer review campaign including advertising, major ARC mailings, giveaways via Shelf Awareness, Goodreads and NetGalley
- Indie Next campaign
- Curated influencer boxes with promotional materials to booksellers, librarians, SFF Bookstagrammers and BookTok tastemakers, Scalzi superfans, and major media outlets
- #SavetheKaiju digital marketing campaign, featuring ”Something BIG is coming” title teaser social campaign, author post, monster-related listicles, sweepstakes, quizzes, newsletter promotions, teaser excerpts and more
- Digital preview
- Library marketing campaign
- Extensive Tor.com promotions including excerpts and review