Over My Dead Body

Pub Date 12 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 30 Sep 2021

Talking about this book? Use #OverMyDeadBody #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

THE SIGNATURE EDITION. ORDER NOW TO RECEIVE YOUR STUNNING LIMITED EDITION HARDBACK.
*While stocks last. First print run only*

An unputdownable story of murder, revenge and betrayal from international number one bestseller Jeffrey Archer.

THE CLOCK IS TICKING IN THIS ROLLERCOASTER RIDE OF A THRILLER…

In London, the Metropolitan Police set up a new Unsolved Murders Unit – a cold case squad – to catch the criminals nobody else can.

In Geneva, millionaire art collector Miles Faulkner – convicted of forgery and theft – was pronounced dead two months ago. So why is his unscrupulous lawyer still representing a dead client?

On a luxury liner en route to New York, the battle for power within a wealthy dynasty is about to turn to murder.

And at the heart of all three investigations are Detective Chief Inspector William Warwick, rising star of the Met, and ex-undercover operative Ross Hogan, brought in from the cold.

But can they catch the killers before it’s too late?

Praise for Jeffrey Archer:

‘Probably the greatest storyteller of our age’ Mail on Sunday

'Peerless master of the page turner' Daily Mail

'If there were a Nobel Prize for storytelling, Archer would win' Daily Telegraph

‘Archer is a master entertainer’ Time

Jeffrey Archer’s previous novel Nothing Ventured was a No.1 Sunday Times bestseller w/c 28th March 2020.

*While stocks last. First print run only*

An unputdownable story of murder, revenge and betrayal from...

PRICE £20.00 (GBP)

3.5 stars. This is book four in Jeffrey Archer’s William Warwick series and, I think, the best so far. Warwick is now a Chief Inspector but is still chasing his old adversary Miles Faulkner. The book is filled with all the usual characters and a few new ones. It’s a bit grittier than the first three books, with former undercover officer Ross Hogan playing a larger role and going rogue after a personal setback. But I’d still describe it as a cosy mystery. Nothing too gruesome for the faint of heart. For all that, it’s a highly entertaining romp, and is as carefully plotted as ever. And clearly as carefully researched as always. A real page turner that won’t disappoint Archer fans. He really is a master storyteller - and I’m already looking forward to the next instalment in the series. Thanks to NetGalley and HarperCollins Australia for an advance copy in exchange for an honest review.

Another thrilling William W and Miles F novel. Wow. I’m really loving where Archer is taking these characters and the storyline’s he is creating. Brilliantly written, with twists and a couple side stories off the main Miles Faulkner hunt, but it all blends so smoothly and finishes in true Archer style, ensuring that we are waiting on the edge of our seat for the next book. Looking forward to the continuation of the warwick novels.