Unwritten Rules

A Gay Sports Romance

Pub Date 12 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 11 Nov 2021

Talking about this book? Use #UnwrittenRules #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

What does it mean to get a second chance in a game that offers few?

Zach Glasser has put up with a lot for the sport he loves. Endless days on the road, playing half-decent baseball in front of half-full stadiums and endless nights alone, pretending this is the life he's always wanted.

The thing is, it could have been everything he ever wanted—if only he'd had the guts to tell his family, tell the club, that he was in love with his teammate Eugenio Morales. Well, ex-teammate now. When Zach wouldn't—couldn't—come out, Eugenio made the devastating choice to move on, demanding a trade away from Oakland. Away from Zach.

Three years and countless regrets later, Zach still can't get Eugenio out of his head. Or his heart. And when they both get selected to play in the league’s All-Star Classic, those feelings and that chemistry come roaring back.

Zach wants a second chance. Eugenio wants a relationship he doesn't have to hide. Maybe it's finally time they both get what they want.

Note from the Author

This is a coming-out story—there is no forced outing, but it does wrangle with coming out as a choice. Also included are:

• Complicated family dynamics, including themes of heteronormativity.

• References to and brief depictions of homophobia, ableism, sexism, racism, classism, antisemitism, and xenophobia. These do not involve the use of slurs.

• Brief references to generational trauma.

What does it mean to get a second chance in a game that offers few?

Advance Praise

“This book is EVERYTHING I want in a sports romance—high stakes, sexy heat, and heart-pounding emotion, with an ending that brought tears to my eyes.”Lyssa Kay Adams, author of The Bromance Book Club

"KD Casey's sexy, dreamy, poignant baseball romances hit a homerun every time!" Lauren Blakely, #1 NYT Bestselling author of Scoring With Him

“UNWRITTEN RULES is the catcher4catcher gay baseball romance you've been waiting for. Tender, warm, but undoubtedly hot, UNWRITTEN RULES is anchored by KD Casey's writing—sharp, funny, and a joy to read.” Britni de la Cretaz, author of Hail Mary: The Rise and Fall of the National Women's Football League

EDITION Ebook
ISBN 9780369719133

I really enjoyed this book, the integration of their relationship in the past with the present was done really well. Zach's journey was really important to me and I loved seeing him grow and just learn who he was and who he was comfortable sharing things with. I received an arc from netgalley.