I Am My Beloveds

Pub Date 11 Jan 2022 | Archive Date 11 Jan 2022

Talking about this book? Use #IAmMyBeloveds #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Ben Seidel wasn't sure how serious they were when he and his wife Shira discussed having an open marriage. But when Shira announces that she is going on a date with Liz, any ambiguity evaporates. Suddenly, every day is new terrain for Ben, navigating between keeping things together with Shira and exploring new partners. And when one of those new partners begins to matter to him more than he ever anticipated, he discovers that the complexities of this new life are only just beginning.

Bracingly honest, refreshingly sexy, and deeply empathetic, I AM MY BELOVEDS is the work of a superior storyteller, making real a lifestyle that might be as close as your own bedroom door.

Advance Praise

“Part Le Ronde and part Bob and Carol and Ted and Alice, two very different couples intersect a brave new world through surrogacy, fidelity, pregnancy, aging parents, faith and loss. Raucous, revolutionary and also, so much fun.”

— Caroline Leavitt, New York Times bestselling author of Pictures of You and Cruel Beautiful World

“Jon Papernick’s storytelling is always compelling. Enticing, surprising, and provocative all at once.”

— Kevin Allison, Risk! podcast and MTV’s The State and Reno 911

“Everyone in I Am My Beloveds howls their lungs out at life’s inequities, at love’s fickleness, and mostly at one another. But if you listen closely, they’re also howling up from the pages at you, inviting you to follow them through this poignant, painful story of love found and lost and found again. For anyone who adored Emma Straub’s Modern Lovers, now there’s Jonathan Papernick’s I Am My Beloveds to spend some time with and ... fall for.”

— David Samuel Levinson, author of Tell Me How This Ends Well