The Book of Healing

Selected Poetry and Prose

Pub Date 09 Nov 2021 | Archive Date 02 Nov 2021

Talking about this book? Use #TheBookofHealing #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

From bestselling author, speaker, and educator Najwa Zebian comes a collectible treasury of her most beloved poetry and prose. Selected by the author and organized by topic, the pieces in this collection address themes such as letting go, understanding self-worth, and stepping into your own power.

Perfect for readers looking to overcome pain, heal from trauma, and rebuild a strong sense of self, The Book of Healing contains Najwa’s favorite pieces from her three bestselling books—Mind Platter, The Nectar of Pain, and Sparks of Phoenix.

Beautifully packaged with foil-stamping and a ribbon marker, this gift-worthy selection of poems gets straight to the heart of Najwa’s message. A keepsake or a broad introduction, The Book of Healing is a worthy companion for anyone looking to cultivate emotional resilience.

A Note From the Publisher

We regret that this ARC is not available for Kindle viewing.

We regret that this ARC is not available for Kindle viewing.

Many thanks to Andrews McMeel publishing & NetGalley for the ARC! Walking that famed difficult line, this was a collection that was undeniably accessible without over-simplifying its message or breaking the flow of its poetic structure. While I read this book in a day or two (and certainly enjoyed it!), what I would most recommend it for is a “bedside book”. This in no way diminishes the value or quality of the book and isn’t to be confused with a dust-collecting “coffee table book”, or to reduce it to a display. I say use it as much as you can! Annotate it, bookmark it, fold up your favorite pages so you can find them again and again. Read it the way some may read daily devotionals or affirmations and give yourself a snippet or two at a time to absorb before you go to bed or wake in the morning. Read it out of order, even, and skip to the sections that call to you most. I think the book would best serve most readers in such a format and will encourage others to pick it up and spend time with it in this way. [Review to be added to the book’s Amazon listing and personal Instagram upon/closer to publication.]

This is a lovely book about healing after a relationship with prose and poetry. Thank you NetGalley for letting me read this book.