Maximize Your Body Potential
Lifetime Skills for Healthy Weight and Lifestyle
by Joyce D. Nash PhD
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Pub Date 05 Oct 2021 | Archive Date 05 Oct 2021
Winner of the American Medical Writers Association Award
In one book, here are all of the tools that anyone can use to adopt a healthy lifestyle and manage body weight. Using self-tests, checklists, and fill-in forms, Maximize Your Body Potential shows the reader how to increase motivation, how to set realistic goals, and how to design an individualized exercise and eating program.
With the unique information that is developed by the reader and the basic material drawn from so many resources by Dr. Joyce Nash, it is possible for anyone to create a program that is unique and individual.
Maximize Your Body Potential goes beyond diet and exercise to address behavior patterns and the psychological components that all have a role to play in success that can lead to long-term weight management and a healthy lifestyle.
Additional features include:
- The latest nutrition information and guidelines for adopting healthy eating patterns
- Cognitive-Behavior change techniques for improving eating and exercise habits
- Positive self-talk and thinking skills for achieving success
- Coping skills for managing stress and overcoming emotional and binge eating
- Grounded in the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines
- Using mindfulness for making healthy choices
- Three healthy eating patterns