Out of the Ruins

The Apocalyptic Anthology

Pub Date 14 Sep 2021 | Archive Date 19 Sep 2021

Talking about this book? Use #OutoftheRuins #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A fresh post-apocalyptic anthology: the end of the world seen through the salvage and ruins. Featuring Emily St John Mandel, Carmen Maria Machado and more.

WHAT WOULD YOU SAVE FROM THE FIRE?
In the moments when it all comes crashing down, what will we value the most, and how will we save it? Digging through the layers of ruined cities beneath your feet, living in the bombed-out husk of a city, hiding from the monsters on the other side of the wall, can we turn the cataclysm into an opportunity?

Featuring new and exclusive stories, as well as classics of the genre, Grassmann takes us through the fall and beyond, to the things that are created after. Calling on the finest traditions of post-apocalyptic fiction, this anthology asks us what makes us human, and who we will be when we emerge out of the ruins?

Featuring work from China Miéville, Emily St John Mandel, Clive Barker, Carmen Maria Machado, Charlie Jane Anders, Samuel R. Delaney, Ramsey Campbell, Lavie Tidhar, Kaaron Warrern, Anna Tambour, Nina Allan, Jeffrey Thomas, Paul Di Filippo, Ron Drummond, Nikhil Singh, John Skipp, Autumn Christian, Chris Kelso, Rumi Kaneko, Nick Mamatas and D.R.G. Sugawara.

WHAT WOULD YOU SAVE FROM THE FIRE?
In the...