Baby Loves Photosynthesis on St. Patrick's Day!

Pub Date 25 Jan 2022 | Archive Date 25 Jan 2022

Talking about this book? Use #BabyLovesPhotosynthesisonStPatricksDay #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Big, brainy science for the littlest listeners.

On Saint Patrick's Day, Baby learns why plants like clovers are green: photosynthesis! Accurate enough to satisfy an expert, yet simple enough for Baby, this clever board book explores the science of photosynthesis, leaf anatomy, and traditions surrounding St. Patrick's Day. Beautiful, visually stimulating illustrations complement age-appropriate language to encourage Baby's sense of wonder. Parents and caregivers may learn a thing or two as well.
Big, brainy science for the littlest listeners.

Send To Kindle (PDF)

This is another great addition to the “Baby Loves” series of science books for children. My children and I enjoyed reading it together, and, as always, the illustrations are fun and very well-done. While I appreciate that the book covered St. Patrick’s Day, and I recognize using the motif of green as a vehicle for discussing chlorophyll and chloroplasts, I feel like it spent more time covering St. Patrick’s Day than photosynthesis. The book actually reads more like a St. Patrick’s Day book than a photosynthesis book. However, it doesn’t detract from the overall book. We will be adding it to our kids’ gift wishlist! Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for the advanced copy to read!

This is an adorable kids story explaining the history and traditions behind St. Patrick’s day. I enjoyed the scientific aspect explaining photosynthesis in regards to the clovers. The illustrations were great. Loved it! Thanks NetGalley and Charlesbridge for access to this ARC!

I enjoyed the explanation of photosynthesis and think I would work great for our nurture groups/SEN students. I also love this book for my own children! Will definitely be checking out more in the series

This little book was so informative surrounding photosynthesis and St. Patrick's Day! The illustrations were beautiful and the story flowed nicely. I would highly recommend to anyone with a toddler so they can learn a little science!

This is a fantastic little book, and a great addition to the series! I have gathered small children and we have a number of the book from this series. This is by far our favorite series for introducing scientific concepts to our kids, as they are entertaining, informative, and the art is so detailed and cute. This is the first one I have seen that is tied to a cultural/religious holiday, so that honestly threw me for a loop a bit, but I see there are a few in the series. I thought it was notable that there was no mention at all of even the folklore part of St Patrick’s legends, since the holiday is about him and had two pages about parades. :-) The book is also focused on the US, which seems like it may limit your market unnecessarily. Overall, this is a great book and I would be happy to add it to our library!

What a strange mash-up! But, I ain't mad at it. Strangely, it works! Simple explanations of St. Patrick's Day and photosynthesis segue together pretty well. Both topics are accompanied by bright, colorful illustrations that bring the text to life. This is a nice change of pace for toddler board books. If a little scientific knowledge or cultural history sinks in over repeated readings, so much the better! Many thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for the opportunity to read and review!

Book received for free through NetGalley My 5 and 7 year old enjoyed the story. Cute photos perfect for a baby and awesome diagrams for the older siblings. Feels a bit of an abrupt change going from the baby to science scenario and back again but considering it’s a short boardbook that makes sense.