My Utmost for His Highest

Updated Language

Pub Date 05 Oct 2021 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #MyUtmostforHisHighest #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Longtime readers of My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers will love this premium bonded leather updated language edition that includes decorative sidebars with quotes from his many other books. This volume makes a perfect gift or an elegant addition to a reader’s collection. Over 13 million copies have been sold and inspired countless people to drink deeply from the biblical truths that Chambers so passionately championed.

"My Utmost for His Highest" is one of the most influential devotionals of the modern era. It was originally published in 1927, and it has gone through many reprintings over the years, and it continues to stand the test of time. The new edition is just another in a long line. For the spiritual, especially for Christians, it is an uplifting and challenging guide for daily devotions. If you have never purchased an edition and you are looking for a new way to do your daily devotions, you should pick up this timeless classic. It will challenge you.

I received this book from the publisher through Netgalley for review and all thoughts and opinions are my own. As it happens, I am reading the original devotional through this year. It was helpful to compare the two as I prepared to review this book. It is indeed written for modern times yet rich and full of the original doctrinal truths and expressions of the faith we hold so dear. Highly recommend this to anyone who loves a devotional that digs deep to root out sin and points to our Savior. So many are lighthearted feel-good and not rooted in scripture. That is not the case with this fine classic work! Convicting, encouraging, always focused on Christ; this book will continue to stand the test of time for many believers. Consider it as a precious gift this coming holiday season.

My Utmost for His Highest, is a classic Christian devotion that encourages the reader in their walk of faith. I love the introduction that of course highlights Oswald Chamber’s wife as being writer of this devotion. Everyday there is a scripture to meditate on along with an excerpt from one of Oswald Chambers lessons he taught that correlates with the scripture. The devotion is clear to understand and applicable in the day to day life of Christian living.

My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers is so full of wisdom and insight into the character of God that this will always be one of my favorite books and devotionals. In fact, I read the classic version every year -- which makes it good to compare this new, updated edition. Though the classic version still remains my favorite, this edition retains the wisdom and beauty of Chamber's words. This is a great devotional for every believer as it will challenge and bring growth through these devotions every day.