The Green Witch's Garden

Your Complete Guide to Creating and Cultivating a Magical Garden Space

Pub Date 02 Mar 2022 | Archive Date 14 Jan 2022

Create your own enchanting witch’s garden and draw energy from the earth with this guide to cultivating your very own magical ingredients.

A green witch embraces the power of nature, draws energy from the earth and the universe, and relies on stones, plants, flowers, and herbs for healing. In The Green Witch’s Garden, you will learn how to create your own magical space to enhance your witchcraft practice.

With information on how to plan and design your sacred garden and tips and tricks to growing and harvesting magical ingredients, this book will allow you to take control of your practice and more deeply connect with the earth. Let experienced witch and author of The Green Witch Arin Hiscock-Murphy guide you on your path to creating your personal piece of nature.

A green witch embraces the power of nature, draws energy from...

Send To Kindle (PDF)

Maiden, Mother, Crone quite aglow, how does your garden grow? This is a basic gardening book with a focus on the Green Witch. Most of us already have a green thumb, and some may have their garden designed to support their practice, but not everyone does. If you’re just starting out or wondering how to align your garden closer to your practice, give them book a read!

Thank you for the ARC to review Netgalley! I have several of this author's books, all variations of the theme around witchcraft. Very pretty, nicely written. Good basic gardening information with a little witchy flair thrown in.

I love to garden and I know a lot about gardening especially growing fruit and vegetables, herbs and flowers but I am learning about the craft. This book can help you see gardening in a more spiritual light, do things differently and appreciate all there is. A book to refer back to time and again.

So I absolutely adore Arin Murphy-Hiscock and her other works. I am so excited that she has this next installment in her series! I have already preordered mine! I love the garden aspect to bring together your pagan home.

Wow! This is definitely a book that I plan to buy the physical copy of, as it’ll be a handy resource for when I move into my next home! Great tips for planting a garden, the importance of it, the properties of each herb and plant, keeping a garden journal, rituals and more! I think this is a great book for a beginner and an intermediate practitioner of witchcraft, or even someone who is just interested in plants in general!

What a fantastic reference book! I love to garden but this changed the way I looked at it and felt while doing it. This is a physical copy I must have once available

I will definitely be purchasing this book. Its filled with ideas, and tips. The illustrations are beautiful, the ideas are great. This is a good book. Thanks for letting me read. (Will Poston good reads as well)

How enchanting! The Green Witch's Garden is a very detailed explanation of how to create your own magical garden. Easy to follow I cannot wait to start planting. Looking forward to more from this author.

This is a wonderful guide to creating a garden . The author has thoughtfully included all elements of gardening here including building onto your practice. It is beautifully illustrated and has outstanding gardening tips throughout. This is a book to buy a hard copy of and refer to when building your own magical garden. This book will teach you how to cultivate your garden, maintain it, keep it healthy and relate your plants to your practice. A wonderful read I look forward to adding a hard copy to my library . Very well done to the author. Thank you to the publisher and to Net Galley for the opportunity. My review opinions are my own.

This book found me at a time of beautiful synchronicity. I was beginning to research planting my own magical garden. Arin's books are always so insightful and a few of them I reference often. This book guides you through various ways of beginning and tending to your magical garden. I've always heard that if you want to grow closer to plant spirits and Mother Earth, nothing is more rewarding sowing seeds into the dirt and watching them grow before you. I cannot recommend this book enough to the people who are hearing that call.

This book is a practical and magical guide to planting a garden, connecting with the earth, and learning the properties of plants. It offers so many incites into herbs and their meanings, and how they can be integrated into a witch's practice. Magical intentions aside, The Green Witch's Garden would also prove handy to anyone looking to build a garden and learn about different plants and seasons. It's the kind of book you want for reference on your shelves, and one I'd love to buy when available.

Honestly, I’m notorious in my family for having a little bit of a black thumb and I’m trying to change that. I am interested in herbs and their traditional magical properties and I love harvesting them from my mother’s garden and using them in cooking. However, since I don’t live with my mother, learning how to not kill the green things is a goal for me. That’s where this book comes in, to give me a lot of little tips and tricks so that I am not constantly killing the plant babies. It has a lot of information on the growing and the designing of a garden. I love the idea of the moon garden, but then also the elements garden with different plants corresponding to their different moon phases or elements. I would love to have a moon garden when I eventually have a home of my own. However, as usual my favorite part of this was the cooking section. Recipes for jam and herb butter are easy enough for most practitioners, but I’m personally more interested in trying my hand at the savory shortbread cookies. The vegetable soup recipe also looks good, if a bit standard. I’ve made some of the recipes from her other books and they’ve turned out to be delicious so hopefully these will be as well. Overall, I would recommend this for fans of her other books. They make a really great collection for anyone just starting out on their path or starting gardening. There are a lot of really great ideas in here to get people started or to use as the base inspiration for something more complicated. I look forward to getting a copy of this for my shelf in the not so distant future.

Arin has again written a great book for those beginning on the garden witchcraft journey. Filled with plant information, garden rituals, and so much more, The Green Witch’s garden is one I’d recommend to new garden witches and experienced practitioners alike. Now I’m excited to get my indoor winter garden started and start planning my outdoor garden space for next spring. Thank you Netgalley for an eARC in exchange for an honest review.

First off, I went into reading this a little biased. I have read and currently own every single of Arin Murphy-Hiscock's books. Two things I'm very passionate about are nature and the history and teachings of a green witch! I knew, the moment I saw this book was to be published, that it would be an auto purchase. To be honest, I ordered myself a copy last night after devouring this entire book in one sitting. Bravo, Arin!!! Her teachings help continue my path, education, and journey towards becoming a more in-depth witch and one with nature!!! FIVE STARS!