Radiants

Pub Date 15 Oct 2021 | Archive Date Not set
BelleBooks, Inc., Bell Bridge Books

Talking about this book? Use #Radiants #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

"Reads like a cross between Stranger Things and Sense 8. Unique plot and engaging cast of characters. Radiants is a fun ride that grabbed me and didn't let go. Looking forward to the next book!" --Patricia Briggs, #1 NYT best selling author of the Mercy Thompson and Alpha and Omega books

DeDe Mercer is a Radiant who can control other people's thoughts, make them do what she wants. For years she's controlled her power, keeping her secret, never using it on anyone--until the day she had no choice.

Now the government is after her, after her brother, too, because he'll come into his power before long. The Department of Energy, the Defense Intelligence Agency, Homeland Security--they all want her, and they're willing to do anything, hurt anyone, kill if necessary, to make her their weapon.

“[RADIANTS is] controversial, nail-biting, edge-of-my-seat excitement.”—Faith Hunter, NYT and USA Today bestselling author of the Jane Yellowrock series

Advance Praise

"Reads like a cross between Stranger Things and Sense 8. Unique plot and engaging cast of characters. Radiants is a fun ride that grabbed me and didn't let go. Looking forward to the next book!" — Patricia Briggs, #1 NYT best selling author of the Mercy Thompson and Alpha and Omega books

"As gripping as its ideas about selfhood, identity and privacy are urgent, RADIANTS is a psychological thrill-ride through dangers physical and conceptual. Serious fun. ”— AJ Hartley, NY Times bestselling author of IMPERVIOUS and STEEPLEJACK

EDITION Ebook

I had a lot of fun reading this book, it had a fun scifi story, and was really well written. The characters were interesting and I enjoyed getting to know them and their powers.

Received as a review copy from NetGalley, this is an honest review. This is a brilliant story in how the author crafts the ability of just how different the characters are and celebrates it. DeDe never asked to have the ability to control people thoughts but she can and taps into her gift after witnessing school violence against her friend Kyle and the indifference of the school to care. Once her secret gets exposed, DeDe finds herself at a crossroads of who she can trust when it seems everyone around her only wants to exploit her ability. A harrowing, realistic journey of embracing what it means to an individual. Highly recommended.

This is a great book! Dede can control peoples thoughts, and one day she has to use her power, which sets off this thrill ride. It was a bit reminiscent of fire starter for me. There are various agencies that want to capture her and her brother. I was totally on Dede’s side the whole time! The story flows well, and the characters draw you in.