Into the Forest

The Secret Language of Trees

Pub Date 05 Apr 2022 | Archive Date 05 Apr 2022

Talking about this book? Use #IntotheForest #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

NOTE: This is a sample for review purposes, not the full book.

For millennia, trees have offered renewal and inspiration. They have provided for humanity on every level, from spiritual sanctuary to the raw material for our homes, books, and food. In this beautiful and revealing book, National Geographic combines legendary photography with cutting-edge science to illuminate exactly how trees influence the life of planet Earth—from our personal lives to the weather cycle. Beautifully illustrated essays tell the stories of the world’s most remarkable trees, from Tane Mahura in New Zealand, the ancient Maori "lord of the forest," to Pando, a single aspen spreading over 100 acres: Earth’s largest living thing. You’ll also discover how an astronaut carried tree seeds to the moon and back; the reason "microdosing" on tree gas is a sure way to boost your immune system; and why playing in the dirt boosts serotonin, happiness hormone.

For nature and science enthusiasts, as well as photography lovers, Into the Forest is a beautiful and edifying gift to give or cherish.

NOTE: This is a sample for review purposes, not the full book.

EDITION Hardcover

Send To Kindle (PDF)

Just Leandro My Books Browse ▾ Community ▾ Just Leandro rated a book really liked it less than a minute ago Into the Forest by Susan Hitchcock Into the Forest: The Secret Language of Trees by Susan Hitchcock Read Into the Forest: The Secret Language of Trees by Susan Tyler Hitchcock the Forest: The Secret Language of Trees by Susan Hitchcock is a National Geographic photobook that features amazing photos of trees and includes interesting facts about them. This is for sure a very instructive read, and the photos are incredible. I'd recommend you this photobook if you are a nature lover and if you want to know more about trees. I'd like to thank NetGalley and the publisher for providing me an ARC excerpt of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review! Into the Forest: The Secret Language of Trees by Susan Tyler Hitchcock is a coffee-table photobook by National Geographic that includes stunning photos and essays about trees. Some of the essays included in the excerpt I was sent include "The Tree of Life," "History in Tree Rings," and "Famous Trees." According to the synopsis, this book "combines legendary photography with cutting-edge science to illuminate exactly how trees influence the life of planet Earth—from our personal lives to the weather cycle." Overall, Into the Forest: The Secret Language of Trees is a photo-book that will appeal to nature enthusiasts and photographers alike. One highlight of this book are the stunning photos of trees that are sometimes one-page or two-page spreads. They are beautiful and worth the price of the book alone. I can see this book being the perfect gift for the nature-lover in your life. If you're intrigued by the description, or if you're a fan of books about nature, I highly recommend that you check out this book when it comes out in April!