Organizing for the Rest of Us

100 Realistic Strategies to Keep Any House Under Control

Pub Date 11 Jan 2022 | Archive Date 01 Jul 2022

Talking about this book? Use #OrganizingfortheRestofUsBook #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

So you want to keep your kitchen counter clean but you aren't ready to toss the toaster? You want to be able to find your kids' socks but aren't looking to spend your 401(k) on clear bins? You long for a little more peace but minimalism isn't sparking joy? Decluttering expert and self-proclaimed recovering slob Dana K. White offers sustainable ideas to simplify and manage your home in Organizing for the Rest of Us.

Traditional organizing advice never worked for Dana K. White. Is it possible, she wondered, to get organized without color coding my sock drawer? As Dana let go of the need for perfection, she discovered the joy of having an organized house in the midst of everyday life.

In Organizing for the Rest of Us, Dana teaches us how to make great strides with minimal effort in organizing every room of our home. Here she offers 100 organizing tips to help us understand:

Why changing how we think about clutter is the first step to getting rid of itThe basics of organization for people who don't like to organizeWhy you need to get a grip on laundry and dishes before getting organizedHow living with less clutter is better for the environment, our spiritual lives, and our relationshipsWhy real-life decluttering requires fewer hours and less emotional bandwidth than we imagined

Organizing for the Rest of Us includes colorful photos, a presentation page, and a ribbon marker, making it a thoughtful gift or self-purchase for anyone:

Doing spring cleaningMaking New Year's goalsDownsizing their own home or their parents' homeDecluttering and organizing for their own peace of mind

Fans of Dana's podcast, A Slob Comes Clean, which has been downloaded 9 million times, will treasure this book as a resource. With her lighthearted approach, Dana provides bite-size workable solutions to break through every organizational struggle you have--for good!

Send to Kindle (PDF)