Meet the Sassy Belles: They're strong as a mint julep, sweet as peach cobbler, and no matter what, they stick together.
There are only two seasons in Tuscaloosa-football and waiting-for-football. When Lewis Heart, football announcer and voice of the Crimson Tide, vanishes after an impromptu romp with Vivi Ann McFadden at the Fountain Mist Motel, Vivi does what any Southern woman would do: call her best friend, Blake O'Hara Heart, attorney-at-law.
With the town gossip swirling around them, Vivi and Blake are determined to find out what happened to Lewis and clear Vivi's reputation. Because after all, men may come and go, but the Sassy Belles are forever.
Not since Steel Magnolias have we fallen in love with such sexy, strong and hilarious Southern women. So grab your best girlfriends and join these Belles on the first of many joyrides through the Deep South...
"The Sassy Belles reminded me that the South is like no other place on earth. Kudos to Beth Albright for capturing its spirit so perfectly in this lighthearted debut novel."
--Celia Rivenbark, NYT bestselling author of We're Just Like You, Only Prettier
Sassy Belles series, followed by WEDDING BELLES (Harlequin MIRA, 8/13) and SLEIGH BELLES (MIRA, 10/13)
• This title features two smart, hilarious and charming women in a laugh-out-loud comedy that’s full of surprises. A character-driven slice-of-life story, bathed in the rich texture of Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
• An emotional, funny, compelling writer, Beth Albright‘s prose and vivid sensual descriptions take the reader on an unforgettable journey.
• Beth is best known for her principal role on the soap opera Days of Our Lives.
• She has continued her career in the entertainment business over the past 15 years as an on-air radio personality. Beth also owned her own acting studio and
children’s theater in Texas.
• She currently lives in San Francisco, but her heart is still in Alabama.