Before the Dawn

A beautiful wartime romance of the power of love in the face of adversity

Pub Date 03 Mar 2022 | Archive Date 31 Mar 2022

Talking about this book? Use #BeforeTheDawn #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

EDITION Ebook
PRICE £2.99 (GBP)

This was an absolutely stunning book. From the cover to the romance, I adored everything about this. I would definitely watch this if it were a movie! I already can’t wait to reread this.

OH MY GODDESS this book has become a new favorite and definitely makes my top five favorite historical fiction novels! the book starts with the introduction of our two main characters Ruby and Sam. Of course I was very excited as I love dual pov’s in books. Ruby, almost 19, lives with her father in a small town Bartonford working at her local newspaper. One day though Ruby finds her normal routine life begin to change as the war starts to brew. Sam who is 17 lives in America and is working to support his mother and younger sister. He longs to save enough money to move them away from his abusive stepfather. One day he hears of an opportunity he cannot pass up, joining the army. In her small town all Ruby has ever known is going to work, living with her father, and doing shifts as an ARP warden. One day by chance Ruby and Sam meet under random but quite hilarious circumstances. This starts a chance at love and hope as Ruby and Sam sneak off to see each other each Sunday. Suddenly right when everything seems perfect Sam is whisked away to fight in France. Ruby lives with constant worry, Will Sam return and if he doesn’t can I ever find someone I love just as much? Ruby and Sam’s love is addicting and heartwarming, leaving me feel the same emotions alongside them through every bump in the road. Their love was so enchanting and strong. I am very grateful to have read this novel and to give this review. Thank you so much Head of Zeus and Emma Pass for giving me the opportunity to read this incredible book and I cannot wait to own a physical copy!! I definitely recommend this novel to anyone who reads this review!

What a gorgeous book!! This brought back so many memories for me and the generation that came before me. It would make an exquisite movie. The chemistry between the two main characters was off the charts. This book kept me up late into the night turning page by page like it was on fire to see what happened next. I will not only be sharing this with Library fam, but as a book club pick as well.

What a stunning book. As someone who had relatives that grew up around that time I was so intrigued to know more about what that generation experienced and it did not disappoint! Premise When everything you hold dear is torn apart by war, can love put you back together again? It's 1943, and the Second World War is raging. Ruby Mottram works for her local newspaper, the Bartonford Herald, typing up adverts and obituaries, whilst dreaming of a more exciting life. Between her shifts as an ARP warden and caring for her ailing father, the chance for escape doesn't come often to Devon. Meanwhile, in America's deep south, Sam Archer is hatching a plan to raise enough money to get his mother and sister away from his abusive stepfather. Using falsified documents to hide his age, he enlists with the U.S. Army. Two chance encounters bring Ruby and Sam together from opposite sides of the Atlantic, giving them the chance of love, hope and freedom from their troubled lives. But fate, in the shape of D-Day and Omaha Beach, has other ideas. When their very lives are at risk, will their promise to wait for one another be what keeps them alive? I loved the story Flo Ruby and Sam and how they both escaped their situations and found each other. This would make a gorgeous movie and the cover is stunning!

A beautiful story with a strong and courageous heroine. I couldn't put this down! Beautiful writing kept me turning the pages!

With grateful thanks to netgalley for an early copy in return for an honest opinion. Such a wonderful book first time reading this author and thoroughly enjoyed the journey the good strong characters with lots of interesting and intriguing incidents along the way can highly recommend.