Whole

A Remembered Classics Romance

Pub Date 06 Dec 2019 | Archive Date 08 Jan 2022

Talking about this book? Use #Whole #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Alice Little and Asa Hatterly, both child geniuses, were barely teens when they met in college and fell in love. War tore them apart when Asa went into the Army as a sharpshooter. They reconnect years later after Asa spent time in prison for a crime he's not even sure he committed.

Did he really shoot a man or was he duped into believing he did? Did someone manipulate the evidence to point to Asa?

Only Alice can help him find the answer. They're pulled into a world of twisted identities and political alliances involving the FBI and an ambitious Senator. When the candidate is attacked, they go into hiding, afraid Asa might once again become a convenient victim.

But now those old events have resurfaced. That's when they discover who's a friend—and who's using them to get revenge.

EDITION Ebook

Send to Kindle (MOBI)

Average rating from 1 member

Whole by J.L. Wilson

Asa and Alice fell in love when they were in college. Child geniuses, they understood each other like no one else ever could or would. Separated by time and circumstance, they are brought back together when Asa seeks Alice's help to try and learn how he could have shot and killed a man and not remember doing it. He unwittingly draws her into a mystery that threatens them both and doesn't resolve for many years.

I was riveted by this book. It read seamlessly and although I was able to figure out the mystery on my own, I was still engaged with the details of how the story played out. I recommend. 4 stars.

My sincere thanks to J.L. Wilson and NetGalley for giving me the opportunity to read this book and give my unbiased opinion of it.