Sam Gunn Jr.

Pub Date 08 Mar 2022 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #SamGunnJr #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The last completed book written by Ben Bova.

Intergalactic explorer, venture capitalist, and Casanova Sam Gunn may be gone, but his legacy lives on in his son, Sam Gunn Jr.

In his first-ever adventure, Sam Gunn Jr. sets off to fulfill his father’s left-behind mission of interplanetary enterprising. He soon learns his father’s shoes are tough to fill, but he is up for the task. Junior takes a journey through the stars, falling in love with beautiful women and leaving his unique mark everywhere he ventures. Soon, however, this trip through the universe takes a dangerous turn when Junior lands on Saturn and learns about a recent scientific discovery that will change everything, possibly forever.

Will he be able to save the universe and live up to his father’s name? Take an unforgettable ride through space in master sci-fi author Ben Bova’s final completed novel!

The last completed book written by Ben Bova.

In his first-ever adventure...

EDITION Hardcover

Send To Kindle (PDF)

A wonderful introduction or revisit to Ben Bova, drawing on what works best in science fiction. I enjoyed the character-based nature of the story, and Bova’s inventive plotting.

I was easily drawn into the book. I started to care about Sam Gunn Jr from the beginning. I enjoyed the way Bova would think of new ways to get Jr out of questionable situations. I also liked the way Bova would develop all the characters that Jr met throughout the book. Bova also did a good job of describing the different places Jr would end up exploring. However I found the end to be missing certain important information and Jr’s handling of the villain unsatisfactory. In addition, some of the content was a bit dated. Overall this is a book well worth reading. Thank you to Netgalley and Blackstone Publishing for the advance reader copy.