by Adam Sikes
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add email@example.com as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 20 Sep 2022 | Archive Date Not set
U.S. Marine veteran Mason Hackett moved to London to start his life over, and he’s done his best to convince himself that what happened fifteen years ago doesn’t matter—the people he killed, the men he lost, the lives he ruined. But when Mason sees the face of a dead friend flash on a television screen and then receives a mysterious email referencing a CIA operation gone bad, he can no longer ignore his inner demons.
Driven by loyalty and a need to uncover the truth, Mason launches on a perilous journey from the Czech Republic to Romania toward the war-torn separatist region in eastern Ukraine to honor a fifteen-year-old promise. The answers he seeks—the fate of a friend and his connection to the underworld of international arms dealers and defense corporations—throw Mason into the cauldron of a covert war where no one can be trusted.
Perfect for fans of Daniel Silva and Brad Thor
“Landslide is not only a gripping geo-political thriller, but a morally-complex tale. It grapples with fraught questions of both individual and national loyalty as well as killing and the grim realities of war. I read this book over the course of two-white knuckled days that I won’t soon forget. Adam Sikes is a huge talent.” —Elliot Ackerman, New York Times best-selling author
“A gem of a read with mach-speed mayhem, loaded with rich detail from a writer who knows what he’s talking about.” —Steve Berry, New York Times best-selling author
“With an irresistible hook that grabs you from the get-go, Landslide is an action-packed, nonstop espionage thrill ride that will keep you furiously turning the pages. Marine Corp veteran and former intelligence officer Adam Sikes delivers a fast-paced, gritty, supercharged read.” —Andrew Kaplan, New York Times best-selling author
"Landslide is a seismic quake of an international, high-stakes thriller in the grand tradition of Daniel Silva, Brad Thor, and Brad Taylor. Adam Sikes has penned a seminal effort that's bracingly effective in its portrayal of current geopolitical dynamics through the eyes of former Marine, and current expatriate, Mason Hackett. A terrific tapestry of a tale with the kind of stitching that would make the likes of Alistair MacLean and Frederick Forsyth take notice." —Jon Land, USA Today best-selling author
· Mailing of physical & digital ARCs to major trade publications, notable bookstores, book reviewers, social media influencers and digital media
· Submit for BookBub’s New Release E-Blast
· Pitch title at Distributor Sales Conference
· Goodreads giveaway of 100 digital copies, 2 months prior to publication.
· Advertising in trade publications
· Featured new release in Oceanview monthly newsletter
· E-blast to Oceanview’s email list of mystery, thriller & suspense fans, booksellers, and librarians.
· Launch month feature on Oceanview’s social media and website home page.
· Submission for award consideration
· Amazon A+ description/feature
· Ongoing co-op advertising with Amazon, Ingram, Baker and Taylor via distributor
· Ongoing submission for special promotions with major retailers
Average rating from 21 members
Readers who liked this book also liked:
William Kent Krueger
Yamile Saied Méndez
Cary J Hansson