Grief Isn't Something to Get Over

Finding a Home for Memories and Emotions After Losing a Loved One

Pub Date 03 May 2022 | Archive Date 03 May 2022

Talking about this book? Use #GriefIsntSomethingtoGetOver #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The loss of a loved one can be overwhelming. How do we endure grief? Can we simply forget, or "get over it?" This book explains the science behind bereavement, from emotion to the persistence of memory, and shows readers how to understand and adapt to death as a part of life.

Responses to loss are typically associated with negative emotions, traumatic memories, or separation distress, but we grieve because we care. This book demonstrates how negative emotional responses experienced in grief often follow experiences with positive emotional memories. Dr. Lamia emphasizes an understanding and acceptance of post-loss emotions.

This book aims to expand our understanding of bereavement, placing it in alignment with how emotions work. Using numerous case examples and personal vignettes, this book helps readers recognize the ways in which emotions are connected to memories and influence our experiences of loss.

Send to Kindle (PDF)