If You Could See the Sun

Pub Date 11 Oct 2022 | Archive Date 11 Nov 2022

Talking about this book? Use #IfYouCouldSeetheSun #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

"Utterly unique, thought-provoking, and wonderfully written... a thrilling ride that hooked me from start to finish." —Gloria Chao, author of American Panda and Rent a Boyfriend

In this genre-bending YA debut, a Chinese American girl monetizes her strange new invisibility powers by discovering and selling her wealthy classmates’ most scandalous secrets.

Alice Sun has always felt invisible at her elite Beijing international boarding school, where she’s the only scholarship student among China’s most rich and influential teens. But then she starts uncontrollably turning invisible—actually invisible.

When her parents drop the news that they can no longer afford her tuition, even with the scholarship, Alice hatches a plan to monetize her strange new power—she’ll discover the scandalous secrets her classmates want to know, for a price.

But as the tasks escalate from petty scandals to actual crimes, Alice must decide if it’s worth losing her conscience—or even her life.

In this genre-bending...

PAGES 336

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Between the gorgeous writing and the incredible class commentary and Henry Li, if I wasn't squealing into my pillow, I was near tears at feeling seen by the Chinese culture and diaspora experience woven throughout.

An all-time top favorite.

This book was absolutely fantastic. I've already added it to our list for order this year and will recommend it to students.