Playing with Fire

Pub Date 01 Feb 2022 | Archive Date 05 May 2022

Talking about this book? Use #PlayingwithFire #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Another sizzling, stand-alone firefighter romance from New York Times bestselling author Skye Jordan!

Tucker

I learned young that women don't stay. Luckily, no-strings hookups work perfectly for me, and as a firefighter, I have no problem finding women. But losing a victim to the river in a flash flood, left me not only shaken, but changed. Playing fast and loose doesn't work for me anymore, but when Lacey walks into the bar and buddy bets me I can't get her into bed without telling her I'm a firefighter, I stupidly take it. Only that lie by omission comes back to bite me in the ass because one sizzling night later, I want something I've never wanted before—more.

Lacey

I'm only back in the states for a friend’s wedding, which means avoiding my overbearing parents. I’m a photographer base overseas, but my parents see my career as worthless. And after almost losing everything to a domineering ex, I'm all about independence. Hooking up with the hot bartender seems like the perfect beginning to a ten-day visit, but one night with Tucker Medina has me weak-kneed and wickedly satisfied. Until I learn he not only lied about who he was, he made a bet on getting me into bed.

When I hear my parents put my twin brother on a 72 hr hold at a local psychiatric facility, Tucker comes to my rescue. And it doesn't take long to realize there's more between us than some good sex. A lot more. But it's hard to imagine this working when his life is here and mine is on the other side of the globe.

Tucker