Thinking 101

How to Reason Better to Live Better

Pub Date 13 Sep 2022 | Archive Date 13 Dec 2022

“An INVALUABLE RESOURCE to anyone who wants to think better.” —Gretchen Rubin

Award-winning YALE PROFESSOR Woo-kyoung Ahn delivers “A MUST-READ
a smart and compellingly readable guide to cutting-edge research into how people think.” (Paul Bloom)

“A FUN exploration.”
Dax Shepard

Psychologist Woo-kyoung Ahn devised a course at Yale called “Thinking” to help students examine the biases that cause so many problems in their daily lives. It quickly became one of the university’s most popular courses. In Ahn’s class, students examine “thinking problems”—like confirmation bias, causal attribution, and delayed gratification—and how they contribute to our most pressing societal issues and inequities. Now, for the first time, Ahn presents key insights from her years of teaching and research in a book for everyone.

Ahn draws on decades of research from other cognitive psychologists, as well as from her own groundbreaking studies. And she presents it all in a compellingly readable style that uses fun examples from K-pop dancing, anecdotes from her own life, and illuminating stories from history and the headlines.

Thinking 101 is a book that goes far beyond other books on thinking, showing how we can improve not just our own daily lives and tackle real-world problems through better awareness of our biases but also the lives of everyone around us. It is, quite simply, required reading for everyone who wants to think—and live—better.

“An INVALUABLE RESOURCE to anyone who wants to think better.” —Gretchen Rubin

Award-winning YALE PROFESSOR Woo-kyoung Ahn delivers “A MUST-READ
a smart and compellingly readable guide to cutting-edge...

Send to Kindle (EPUB)