The Seren Stone

Pub Date 05 Apr 2022 | Archive Date 31 Mar 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheSerenStone #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Loren has always loved the fabled stone necklace her mother keeps hidden in her jewellery box. Steeped in lore and legend, it is said that it must be guarded from all who seek it. Unable to resist the lure of the beautiful stone, Loren accidentally invokes its magical properties, catapulting them to another realm.

Soon everything is wrong. The Welsh valleys are flooded, the moon is fractured, and dragons—who should only live in storybooks—fill the skies.

As Loren and her two siblings are drawn into a future that is barely recognisable, they team up with Orca, a cowardly lechrad, who helps them travel the enchanted land and protect the stone. They’ll need to fight evil and right their wrongs if they ever hope to return home again—and the stone’s peculiar magic might be their only chance.

A Note From the Publisher

Available in the following formats: Hardcover: 978-1-64397-251-0 | Softcover: 978-1-64397-252-7 | Ebook:.978-1-64397-253-4 | LCCN: 2020940820 | Print distribution through Ingram, Gardners, and Baker & Taylor | Ebook library distribution through Overdrive, Hoopla, and Baker & Taylor.

Marketing Plan

—Advance reading copies, including NetGalley and LibraryThing

—Publicity outreach for reviews, roundups, and feature coverage

—Email marketing to libraries & bookstores

—Social media campaign including bonus content and shareable images

—Online advertising and marketing

Key Selling Points:

The Seren Stone is the first in a new trilogy featuring a fascinating, futuristic fantasy world filled with dragons and other fantasy creatures.

—The Seren Stone Chronicles is Lisa Shambrook (Surviving Hope series) at her best. Her signature lyrical writing style is filled with well-developed characters and descriptions, immersing the reader into the novel’s setting.

—Young adults will find characters they can easily relate to in this coming-of-age magical quest as a group of siblings discover who they are in a world of magic and dragons.

—Readers will also enjoy the unique battles, action, and adventure in the world that Lisa Shambrook has created.

—The series has drawn comparisons to Eragon, as well as The Chronicles of Narnia.

—Shambrook brilliantly blends a futuristic world with a more medieval setting with dragons while keeping many elements in the present.

—Advance reading copies, including NetGalley and LibraryThing

—Publicity outreach for reviews, roundups, and feature coverage

—Email marketing to libraries & bookstores

—Social media campaign...

EDITION Hardcover

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

I love the family relationships between the siblings. Was an enjoyable plot and a book I will be recommending to my fantasy lovers!

This one was a wild ride. I was pleasantly surprised with the writing style. It seemed quite ‘rich’ since the author used some words that are not so common in fantasy books and that made my reading experience more interesting.
There was constant suspense and I just couldn’t put this book down.

Unfortunately, it was very hard to understand things. We jumped straight into the story in the beginning and straight into this new and unknown world. It was extremely confusing. I found it hard to picture the world in my head due to the lack of description and explaining.
The pace of the book was not helping either. I’m a huge fan of fast-paced books, but this one was going too fast for my liking. I felt like we were just jumping from one scene to another, from one danger and place to another. That left no time for us to connect to the characters and to understand this world better.

Still, I quite enjoyed reading it and I found the story intriguing. I just wish it went a bit slower.