I'm Not Ready for This

Everybody Just Calm Down and Give Me a Minute

Pub Date 10 May 2022 | Archive Date Not set
Nelson Books, Thomas Nelson

Talking about this book? Use #ImNotReadyforThis #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

From popular humor writer and social media sensation Anna Lind Thomas comes a second book of charming and uproarious essays that capture our universal need for life to just slow down and give us as minute--we weren't ready for this!

Anna Lind Thomas wants everyone to just calm down and give her a minute, okay? She's not ready for this! In fact, through her latest collection of laugh out loud essays, she'll prove she's never been ready for anything in her life. Adult decisions, marriage, parenting, crows feet, large pores, skinny jeans-- you name it, she ain't ready for it! She's never, not once, been ready for swimsuit season. Or her monthly period, even though her iWatch gives her several warnings. She wasn't ready to look her female professor in the eye after inexplicably whispering "I love you" during a hug, nor was she ready to leave the hospital with her newborn because she has a bizarre inability to pay attention while someone gives her detailed instructions. Don't even get her started on that one time she appeared on national TV in a blazer two sizes too small because she thought she'd lose twenty pounds before the shoot. Good grief, she just wasn't ready!

Through her signature wit, charm, and painful relatability, Anna reminds us that no one's truly ready for anything--so we might as well go for it and see what happens. She bets it'll be real good--or at least, real funny.

ISBN 9781400222018