Silence

Pub Date 27 Sep 2022 | Archive Date 27 Sep 2022

Talking about this book? Use #Silence #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

A debut picture book that investigates where in the world silence can be found and celebrates the unexpected sounds revealed along the way.

In this beautifully designed high-concept picture book, an unnamed narrator invites readers on a journey to find the secrets held by silence. Whether it’s the echoes in an underground cave, whales singing in the ocean, or even your own stomach gurgling – readers will discover the secret sounds surrounding us, and how even the places where we might expect to find silence are not quiet at all.

As the initial hunt for silence turns into a thoughtful, clever examination of sound and space, this engaging story encourages participation and careful observation of the world around us. Filled with evocative black and white illustration and quirky details that will reward multiple readings, this is a title that will inspire discussion – and makes a great bedtime read aloud too.

In this beautifully designed high-concept picture book, an...

EDITION Hardcover

Send to Kindle (PDF)

I really did not like this book. I get the gist of it and what it's trying to say, but I didn't like the black and white theme and the fact that so many pages don't have anything on them.