Lost Among the Stars

Galactic Danger

Pub Date 06 Apr 2022 | Archive Date 30 Apr 2022

Talking about this book? Use #LostAmongtheStars #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Amanda Ki's humanitarian trip to Xy-Three is fraught with assassins and saboteurs who are popping up faster than she can deal with them. Caught up in a web of intrigue, kidnapping, and terror, Mandy joins forces with the captain of the Phoenix, Declan Chalmers. Declan is tall, dark, handsome, and probably the most arrogant, dictatorial man she has ever met. He's also one of the few people she can trust.

Declan doesn't know what to expect from the VIP who heads up a million-dollar enterprise, when she boards his ship. The tiny, exotic, and packed full of grit woman is not only drop dead gorgeous and smart, she's also deadly when it comes to martial arts.   A skill he wants on his side when the space craft is sabotaged.

Thrown together, the two form a tight bond, but if they aren't careful, they could end up dead.

EDITION Ebook

Send to Kindle (MOBI)

This was on overall good story, it was what you expect of sci fi, it took me a bit to adjust to the story tho and I almost DND but it was okay.

In a world where space travel breeds kidnappers, spies, and stalkers, Mandy teams up with Declan in order to save the mission and their lives. The last thing Mandy needs on this trip is a stalker, not to mention an unknown saboteur. Someone doesn’t want her to complete her mission. Betrayal on all sides, she doesn’t know who she can trust. Mandy joins forces with handsome captain Declan of the Phoenix. While she can’t stand his arrogance, he knows how to handle himself, his crew, and his ship. As more accidents happen on the Phoenix, Mandy and Declan share a deep bond. If they make it through this mission, Mandy may be forced to confront her feelings for Declan…or maybe not.

Lost Among the Stars is a science fiction romantic suspense, unlike anything I’ve read before. With the blending of science fiction and romantic suspense, I was hooked from the very first page. The plot moved at a nice easy pace with intriguing characters, an intricate set of action scenes, and a romantic subplot, all set in space. I connected with Mandy and was 100% invested with her and her plight. The sparks flew between her and Declan setting the foundation for the romance. This space opera romance is a bestseller in the making for two reasons: riveting narration and intricate world-building. The world Vicky Burkholder has created is a science fiction reader’s dream. There’s a fair share of space politics but the technology truly captured my imagination. Brilliantly written from start to finish Lost Among the Stars is a must-read. Highly recommend!

My Rating: 5+ stars