Buster's Trip to Victory Lane

Pub Date 13 Sep 2022 | Archive Date 01 Nov 2022

Talking about this book? Use #BustersTriptoVictoryLane #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

NASCAR legend Dale Earnhardt Jr. teaches children to face their fears as they follow Buster--a rescued race car who navigates new challenges and learns to never give up!

Sometimes kids need a little inspiration to make it to the finish line! In Buster's Trip to Victory Lane, Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s flair for originality, humor, and fun shines through as Buster the race car teaches kids to face their fears. When Coach Chomp rescues Buster from a failed racing team, Buster has to figure out how to race with new teammates, learn to keep going even after he makes mistakes, and try with all his might to make it to the finish line before all the other cars!

Roaring with bright and energetic illustrations, this race car storybook

is ideal for car-crazy kids ages 4 to 8, Dale Earnhardt Jr. fans, and followers of NASCAR and motorsportsteaches kids perseverance whether they are starting something new, are struggling to learn a difficult skill, or need motivation to keep trying when life is toughis a great read-aloud for story time at home, libraries, and schoolshas a brightly foiled jacket and full-color picturesis a perfect choice for birthday parties, for car rides and road trips, as a Christmas stocking stuffer, or as a central feature in a gift basket

This laugh-out-loud jacketed picture book brimming with adventure, encouragement, and humor will fill your child's emotional tank with the fuel they need to overcome any obstacle on the track and finish that final lap!

Sometimes kids need a little...

Send to Kindle (PDF)

PERFECTION!!! This incredibly sweet tale of teamwork and facing your fears as told through THE CUTEST lil race car, Buster is A MUST READ!! Written by NASCAR legend Dale Earnhardt Jr, who else could lend such an authentic voice on what it means to rev up that engine and dream about making it to Victory Lane?

From the second I opened this book up, I knew I would be obsessed- from the bright colors and unique illustrations to the chippy dialogue and interesting layout, I LOVED IT ALLL!

Buster and his crew will charm you and have you laughing out loud. Mistakes will be made, lessons will be learned, and races will be won as you speed through the most delightful racecar read-aloud everrrr!
Highly recommend for allll the kiddos, but definitely a perfect read to teach inspiration, perseverance, and facing your fears. Buster not only learns a very important lesson about selflessness, but also how to use critical thinking to keep his team members safe as we follow him to the finish line,

All the vibes and feels while reading this one- Buster is such a dynamic and lively character and you can't help but fall absolutely head over heels for him. Reading about Buster and the crew brought back old memories of my first NASCAR race at Watkins Glen- one of the most exhilarating and heart-pounding experiences of my life!

SO SO SO MUCH RECOMMEND- I will be buying copies for friends and family so they can love it as much as I did.

HUGE THANK YOU to Netgalley, DALE (you rockstar!), and the publisher for allowing me to race alongside my main homie Buster!

This is a Children's book that I read to my twin boys, and they loved this book so much. I loved the teamwork message that was in this book. I found the pictures super cute, and the story itself was well written with a great message. I have pre-ordered this book for my boys. I was kindly provided an e-copy of this book by the publisher (Thomas Nelson) or author (Dale Earnhardt Jr.) via NetGalley, so I can give an honest review about how I feel about this book. I want to send a big Thank you to them for that. This book is scheduled to be released on September 13-2022.

This picture book, written by a NASCAR driver tells the story of a race car who has some worries. When another car notices him looking worried he reminds him that mistakes are good, and they teach us something that we need to learn. This positive message of growth mindset helps the car go on to compete in a race and do his best! I think that this is a great book and that the message it sends is an important one. Lots of kids struggle with worries and this book will reach a whole new group of kids because it is about something as cool as race cars! I would recommend this book to parents and teachers of children in the age 4-9 range, especially those who struggle with too many worries! Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me the opportunity to read and review this great book!

Buster's Trip to Victory Lane was a fun story about cars working together to win a race! I liked the Buster character, and how he overcame his nerves. Sometimes there were too many car names to keep up with. I appreciated the glossary of racing terms. This book felt very similar to the Cars movie, if your child likes that, they will love this book!

This book is cute! I read it to my son who loves anything to do with racecars. He requests to read this almost daily. Highly recommend.

Buster’s Trip to Victory Lane is a beautifully illustrated book that talks about the difficulty and rewards of trying new things. The author uses a race car named Buster to teach perseverance and the importance of trying even when things don't always go right the first time. Buster also learns about friendship and comradery through his racing team.

I love the style of art chosen to illustrate the book. The message is present and understandable throughout the story.

The author is none other than the world famous NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. Having previously read his autobiography leads me to understand that he knows the importance of diligence especially with trying new or risky things. His use of a race car as the main character is perfect and a nice change from the many animal themed children’s books that are so common with teaching lessons.

Buster’s Trip to Victory Lane would be a great addition to any school or home library. Any little race car fan would love the sweet message and fun illustrations.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you to NetGalley and Thomas Nelson: Children’s!