Holding Superman’s Hand

Under the Bar Lights

Pub Date 20 May 2022 | Archive Date 04 Aug 2022

Talking about this book? Use #HoldingSupermansHand #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Despite their memorable rough start, it was Matt who held her in his arms that night in the taxi, pulling a seatbelt over them both as she sobbed, and it was her who tried to wipe the blood seeping through his shirt and into hers. Maybe he wasn’t this premier villain she had imagined all along. But does she have the courage to find out?

Seventeen-year-old Amy Emerson has just been granted a scholarship, enrolled in her first semester of college classes, and has been hired for a highly coveted bartending job in Austin, Texas. It is almost as if the world has been handed to her on a silver platter -- polished and waiting. So, what is standing in her way? Or whom?

Matthew Abernathy is a no-nonsense bouncer and graduate student from the Texas Hill Country with an intimidating glare, a high tolerance for hot sauce, and an immense dislike for anything that goes against his code of honor. Oh, and he looks just like Superman, and laughs like Santa, which isn’t helping things.

Will Amy eventually figure him out, or will it be a disastrous emotional entanglement from the start? Only time will tell, as this coming-of-age love story unfurls into an intriguing, compulsively readable, unstoppable new series.

A Note From the Publisher

Amy Katherine is an accomplished artist and writer, who has spent the last seven years living in Europe. A fine arts graduate from Austin, Texas, she has been privileged to use her degree to both produce and teach art. She is mother to two amazing and rowdy children that sound like ten children when they are parkouring through the living room. Her latest aspiration is to take an afternoon nap, but the dogs keep barking and those kids keep running and she doesn’t want to miss any of it.

Advance Praise

"One of the best romance novels I have read this year, from its gorgeous cover to its brilliant plot."

-Readers' Favorite

"Holding Superman's Hand is a fantastic read that is mysterious, romantic, dramatic, and memorable; this title completely earns the “5-stars” rating."

-Feathered Quill

"This gentle lighthearted romance will be great for avid readers who appreciate young love."

-Independent Book Review

-Readers' Favorite

"Holding Superman's Hand is a fantastic read that is mysterious, romantic...

Marketing Plan

Bookstores and libraries contacted for stocking and reading opportunities

Book club selection

Goodreads giveaways

Social media outreach and ad-buys

Kirkus, Publishers Weekly reviews

Publications/newspapers/book bloggers contacted for reviews, interviews, and features

Guest on radio and podcast shows

Bookstores and libraries contacted for stocking and reading opportunities

Book club selection

Goodreads giveaways

Social media outreach and ad-buys

Kirkus, Publishers Weekly reviews

...

EDITION Paperback

Send to Kindle (PDF)

This was hands-down the most mesmerizing contemporary romance I have read in a long time. I absolutely loved the playful oscillation between the present and past so that we are seeing how the characters both fall in love and sort of hate each other at the same time. A brilliant classic enemies to lovers trope here.

I’m a little confused because I read reviews where a few people were upset about the age difference between the male and female character. Clearly the age of consent in Texas is 17, she’s almost 18 & he’s in his twenties, they are both in college, and it is a consensual / respectful relationship where they are both in love and happy. I don’t know what kind of ridiculous world we live in where everyone wants to be a victim and we look for really sweet beautiful things to destroy. This book was FANTASTIC! So many books today focus on abuse, trauma, and extreme descriptive depictions of assault. This book was really sweet and lovely actually. Refreshingly so!

I would highly recommend—