The Mother-in-Law

Pub Date 29 Jul 2022 | Archive Date 29 Jul 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheMotherinLaw #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

He loves you now. He loved her first.

I’ve fallen in love with a man called Sam. And he’s perfect, just perfect.

It’s a whirlwind romance. And when our dream home falls through just before our wedding, we decide to move in with his parents. He says his mother, Evelyn, is the sweetest person. But I’m not so sure.

She’s obsessively protective over Sam. She wants to know where he is all the time. She wakes us up in the morning, bustling into our room like he’s a small child, not a grown man. She doesn’t want me to be alone with him. And with every day that passes – as I keep having accidents I can’t believe are coincidental – I start to fear more that she doesn’t want me to marry her son.

That she wants to be the only person he will ever love.

Then I overhear an argument between her and Sam’s dad. Evelyn has a secret. And it changes everything I thought I knew about the family I’m marrying into.

From that moment, I know that if I want to make it to my wedding day alive, I will need to be very, very careful…

An absolutely thrilling and gripping psychological suspense novel, perfect for fans of Shalini Boland, Shari Lapena, and The Woman in the Window.

He loves you now. He loved her first.

I’ve fallen in love with a man called Sam. And he’s perfect, just perfect.

A Note From the Publisher

*** THIS IS AN UNCORRECTED ADVANCE REVIEW COPY ***

*** THIS IS AN UNCORRECTED ADVANCE REVIEW COPY ***

Advance Praise

Readers love Karen King:

‘WOW! What a thrill ride! I simply devoured this book in a matter of hours not knowing who was lying, who was telling the truth… Holy moly, this isone addictiveread!!… I was left breathless throughout… and by the time I read those final words… I was speechless.’ Confessions of a Bookaholic ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘This is a fantastic read! I could NOT stop reading it! Just when I thought I had figured it all out, twists and turnscaught me by total surprise! Honestly, it’s one of the best thrillers I’ve read!’ NetGalley reviewer ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘I was hooked from the first page. It was full of twists and turns and I was kept on the edge of my seat throughout!! That ending… Wow.’ NetGalley reviewer ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘This was fantastic, I was so excited reading it and rushed through it in a few hours… The twists kept coming and I didn’t know who or what to believe!… Phenomenal writing!’ Mrsbookburney ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘Has to be my favourite read of this year, hands down! I couldn’t put it down… I was not stopping until I knew the whole story!… Amazing!’Books With Loz ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘A WINNER!!!!… Awesome ending… An amazing book.’ NetGalley reviewer ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

‘A true thriller!… All of the secrets. All of the unknown. When you finally think you know what is going on, there is a major plot twist! It is perfect!’ Goodreads reviewer ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Readers love Karen King: