The Perfect Crime

Pub Date 13 Sep 2022 | Archive Date 22 Nov 2022
Harper 360, HarperCollins

Talking about this book? Use #ThePerfectCrime #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Around the world in 22 murders…MURDERBLACKMAILREVENGE

From Lagos to Mexico City, Australia to the Caribbean, Toronto to Los Angeles, Darjeeling to rural New Zealand, London to New York – twenty-two bestselling crime writers from diverse cultures come together from across the world in a razor sharp and deliciously sinister collection of crime stories.

Featuring Oyinkan Braithwaite, Abir Mukherjee, S.A. Cosby, Silvia Moreno-Garcia, J.P. Pomare, Sheena Kamal, Vaseem Khan, Sulari Gentill, Nelson George, Rachel Howzell Hall, John Vercher, Sanjida Kay, Amer Anwar, Henry Chang, Nadine Matheson, Mike Phillips, Ausma Zehanat Khan, Felicia Yap, Thomas King, Imran Mahmood, David Heska Wanbli Weiden and Walter Mosley.

‘An absolute delight! The Perfect Crime is the most original, and captivating, short fiction anthology to come along in ages… this book is a one-sitting read.’ JEFFERY DEAVER, author of The Bone Collector and The Midnight Lock

‘A collection of crime writers from diverse cultural backgrounds, united by the quality of their compelling stories. A hugely welcome and long-overdue anthology’ MARK BILLINGHAM, no. 1 Sunday Times Bestseller

Around the world in 22 murders…MURDERBLACKMAILREVENGE

EDITION Hardcover

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

A very enjoyable collection of crime stories. A crime anthology is fairly rare, so this was a nice surprise and a solid set of stories. Recommended for anthology and crime fans.

Thanks very much for the free ARC for review!!

Thank you to NetGalley for an ARC of The Perfect Crime.

I love mysteries and though I'm wary of short story anthologies (they're often a mixed bag) I was pleasantly surprised by the collection of stories in The Perfect Crime.

Great diversity of characters, interesting plots, some of them are darkly comedic or just plain dark; others are wickedly vengeful and deliver a comeuppance readers would appreciate.

I'd highly recommend this to any mystery and/or crime thriller lover!

What a perfect collection of short stories. Most are twisted. Others funny. All written by brilliant authors who are not yet household names. I wanted to read it because it has a story by Silvia Moreno Garcia, whom I’ve followed for years and consider one of the best writers alive today. Her entry here, “The Land of Milk and Honey” did not disappoint. I also enjoyed the stories by other authors I already knew, like Rachel Howzell Hall, Oyinkan Braithwaite or the very well known Walter Mosley. I also got to discover writers that I had never read before. “Either Way I Lose,” by John Vercher is specially brilliant, and brutal. The problem with collections is that you get a mixed bag. This is not the case here, every single story is fantastic. I was also worried that this would be a woke “everybody is racist” volume, but the stories are not trying to prove a point, they are just great tales from really talented writers that may have not been given a chance before. I will be adding their novels to my reading material in the future.
I chose to read this book and all opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased. Thank you, #NetGalley/#Harper 360, HarperCollins!

I really enjoyed this. The stories provided good detail and evidence. I feel like I learned a lot And have a better understanding of true crime, if that makes sense. Highly recommend.