Fiona, Love at the Zoo

Pub Date 15 Nov 2022 | Archive Date 22 Nov 2022

Talking about this book? Use #FionaLoveattheZoo #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Join your favorite hippo, Fiona, the adorable internet sensation from the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens, as she visits her zoo friends and celebrates how love makes the world more beautiful. Learn with Fiona as she discovers how different animals show their affection and love. Fiona, Love at the Zoo is another addition to the wildly successful Fiona the Hippo series of books, created by New York Times bestselling illustrator Richard Cowdrey.

Fiona, Love at the Zoo is:

• A perfect way to tell someone you love them
  • Great for fans of Fiona the Hippo and all zoo animals
  • A beautiful gift for Valentine’s Day, birthdays, and more, featuring a cover that shimmers and shines with foil and gloss
  • Part of the Fiona series of books that includes Fiona the Hippo; A Very Fiona Christmas; Fiona, It’s Bedtime; Fiona Helps a Friend; and the Fiona I Can Read series

Marketing Plan

Follow-up to the New York Times bestselling Fiona the Hippo and other Fiona books Illustrated by New York Times bestseller Richard Cowdrey

In partnership with The Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Gardens (social media following of 1.9M)

Born six weeks premature, on January 24, 2017, Fiona weighed 29 lbs., less than the lowest recorded birth weight for her species!

Perfect for zoo-goers and animal-lovers, especially hippo fans

Fun everyday experiences that readers can relate to make great gifts or additions to library collections either at home or in schools and public spaces

Illustrator Richard Cowdrey visits schools, zoos and bookstores telling people about Fiona and this book series

The cover sparkles with foil and spot UV cover decoration

In partnership with The Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical...

Fiona’s book about love at the zoo is fantastic. I loved the rhyming prose and think my first graders would love using this book to studying rhyme. I think it’s a wonderful book when rhythms like Boynton to introduce children from a very young age to the animals they can see at the zoo. Highly recommend!

Thank you to NetGalley and Zonderkidz-Books for making this arc available for me to read and fall in love with ❤️

The beautifully detailed and colorful illustrations and rhyming text tell a sweet story about how animals at the zoo show affection for one another.

The real life Fiona is a well known hippo from the Cincinnati Zoo, but you don’t need to visit the zoo to fall in love with the Fiona books (although it might give you a great reason to take a trip there!)

Fiona, Love at the Zoo would make the perfect baby shower or Valentines Day gift. There is even space at the beginning of the book to write a special message to dedicate the book (This book is for: With Lots of Love From: On this date:)

Thank you to the publisher and Net Galley for the advance digital copy in exchange for an honest review.

This is a beautiful book about love and all the different ways you can show someone how you love them.

My daughter absolutely loved this book, the illustration’s are beautiful she loved the rhyming aspect of it.

Thank you NetGalley for the ARC.

Our household loves Fiona and we also love the zoo so this was a great combo! The story was fun and the illustrations beautiful. My son loved it and told me to give it 5 stars!

This is a delightful addition to the Fiona series, which my daughter absolutely adores! It would be a great book for Valentine's Day with the book focusing on the idea of love. The illustrations are beautiful and help to highlight the different kinds of animal you might see at the zoo. It would be a great addition to any child's library.