In the Coils of the Labyrinth

An Arkham Horror Novel

Pub Date 20 Sep 2022 | Archive Date 31 Aug 2022

Talking about this book? Use #IntheCoilsoftheLabyrinth #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

An unnatural terror penetrating our reality preys on the dreams of its victims, in this darkly captivating novel set in the world of Arkham Horror

Professor Miranda Ventham is having bad dreams – nothing new in 1920s Arkham – but hers are horrifying glimpses of a dark future. Now seriously ill, she books herself into the new sanatorium, Stroud Institute. With luck, the town’s eldritch taint won’t reach her there. And yet the nightmares worsen. With the aid of her friend, parapsychologist Agatha Crane, they delve into the background of the sanatorium’s enigmatic director, Donovan Stroud. Plagued by doubts, delusions, and terrifying visions, Miranda must unravel the shrouded history of the Strouds before she is trapped in a labyrinthine nightmare. Something sinister lurks at its heart, and it longs to be set free.

Professor Miranda Ventham is having bad dreams –...

A Note From the Publisher

DAVID ANNANDALE is a lecturer at a Canadian university on subjects ranging from English literature to horror films and video games. He is the author of many novels in the New York Times-bestselling Horus Heresy and Warhammer 40,000 universe, and a co-host of the Hugo Award-nominated podcast Skiffy and Fanty.

Advance Praise

PRAISE FOR DAVID ANNANDALE

“A deftly crafted and inherently riveting read from first page to last. Clearly showcasing Annandale’s genuine flair for originality and [a] narrative storytelling style that is as entertaining as it is compelling.”

Midwest Book Review, on Curse of Honor

“A great novel about Doctor Doom influenced by strong comic lore knowledge, Gothic and Romance literature, horror cinema, and fantasy. It gets a wholehearted recommendation from me.”

The Doom Archives, on The Harrowing of Doom

PRAISE FOR DAVID ANNANDALE

Marketing Plan

– Arkham Horror is the tremendously popular range of board and card games by Fantasy Flight Games, with over 2.2 million games sold worldwide.

– Acclaimed author David Annandale brings his trademark depth and storytelling skills to the unsettling terror of Arkham Horror

– HP Lovecraft’s uniquely disturbing “cosmic horror” remains a strong and potent brand in modern science fiction and fantasy, and across popular culture.

• Season announcement Dec 21

• Featured advertising at book trade shows: ALA, & US Book Show

• Facebook Live interview w/ author on publication

• Co-op with Ingram

• Amazon Ads for related searches

• Aconyte Extra with free chapter samplers, high-res covers etc.

• Social media promo & giveaways w/ influencers

– Acclaimed author David Annandale brings his...

PRICE CA$22.95 (CAD)

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

Another hit from the Arkham Horror series, it had what I was looking for from previous entries and I enjoy the way David Annandale writes a horror novel with a bit of mystery. The use of the 1920s in this book worked to its advantage and I had a blast reading this. The characters were what I was looking for and was invested in getting to know them. It left me satisfied and wanting the next chapter in this series.

A dark and gothic read that was chilling and creepy that I will think about for a while. I loved it, a great red for fans of dark/horror reads

Hits all the right notes of Lovecraft combined with the worldview and evolution of Cthulhu mythos that has evolved since Lovecraft's death. Creepy tale, will recommend.

In the Coils of the Labyrinth by David Annandale

Starring Professor Miranda Ventham who, suffering from tuberculosis, becomes a patient at a new Institute in Arkham to be cured. Partnered with a favorite character of mine, Agatha Crane, we learn that the Institute may have darker intentions than we think.

David Annandale once again shows he is well versed in the Arkham Files universe. Using characters, themes, and ideas from the Arkham Horror games we are drawn into a story that would fit perfectly into a game scenario.

The beauty of this book is how perfectly it fits into the Arkham Files universe, it would still be very enjoyable if you have never played an AH game before. Annandale combines a claustrophic setting, haunting entities, and an unreliable narrator that combine to leave you guessing what is going on until the very end.