Dirty Briefs

The hilarious struggles and shocking tales of a bare-knuckle criminal barrister

Pub Date 01 Jul 2022 | Archive Date 31 Aug 2022

Talking about this book? Use #DirtyBriefs #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

From top to bottom – a shocking and hilarious journey through the legal profession unlike anything seen before.

Straight from the bowels of back street police stations,locked psychiatric wards and the criminal courts, these are the brazen tales of a bare-knuckle barrister.

“For those who think that all barristers are high flyers blessed with fabulous incomes and sophisticated lives, this book will decisively re-inform you. It will dispel any myth that those we trust to steer the ship are any less maladjusted than the clients they represent.

Unapologetically rude and irreverent, welcome to the real world of criminal barristers; an unruly place where nudity, misappropriation of sex toys and dirty protests are not just for the accused, and where judges’ discomfort brings widespread joy.”

EDITION Paperback
ISBN 9781914451171
PRICE £9.99 (GBP)

Send to Kindle (PDF)

The ups and downs of the working life of a barrister isn't perhaps all you might expect it to be. Even for the barrister...

Excellent

I can’t recommend it highly enough! It’s hilarious and so interesting. I’ve learnt new things about how the criminal justice system worked that I never knew before, and I was laughing out loud at some of the cases he dealt with, and how he dealt with them, some of them beg belief. 10/10 would recommend to all