Forest + Home

Cultivating an Herbal Kitchen

Pub Date 27 Sep 2022 | Archive Date 27 Sep 2022

Talking about this book? Use #ForestHome #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Connect with nature through your kitchen, no matter the size or location. Food that feeds and heals the body; a book that inspires and nourishes the soul.

Forest + Home connects you with nature through your kitchen, no matter the size or location. This is a book that inspires and ignites the palette while nourishing the soul; it shares food that both feeds and heals the body. Discover the world of plants through food with cook and certified herbalist, Spencre McGowan, author of Blotto Botany: A Lesson in Healing Cordials and Plant Magic. Organized by season, the recipes are designed to meet the natural move­ment of time and the world we inhabit. They include:
  • Nettle Pasta with special healing qualities
  • Rose Petal Lemonade with the benefits of a herbal punch
  • Roasted Asparagus with Chamomile and Ghee to soothe your nerves
  • No-Bake Peanut Butter–Reishi Cookies incorporates healing mushrooms
  • Dandelion Pesto helps get your digestive groove on
  • Lemon Balm Mojito for a refreshing way to chill out

Through personal stories and photography, explore the icy mountains of Montana and the wild seashores of Maine and Nantucket. With a focus on simplicity, no dish in this book requires one to be an experienced chef, possess a knowl­edge of medicinal herbalism, or own expensive kitchen tools.

In addition to a foreword by bestselling author Hilarie Burton Morgan, the book includes glossaries of kitchen and medicinal herbs; an exploration of adaptogenic herbs and edible flowers; and information on sourcing, growing, drying, and storing your own herbs. Forest + Home is a love letter to our environment, encour­aging us to reflect on the things we feel when we are connected to nature and the things we take home with us.

Forest + Home connects you with nature...

A Note From the Publisher

We regret this e-galley is not available for Kindle viewing.

We regret this e-galley is not available for Kindle viewing.