The Time Traveling Matchmaker

Pub Date 25 Jul 2022 | Archive Date 15 Aug 2022

Talking about this book? Use #TheTimeTravelingMatchmaker #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Like every goal-oriented twenty-something, Jessica Singleton, an aspiring filmmaker, is obsessed with finding her future as quickly as possible. What she doesn't know is that the future is obsessed with finding her. Renn Porter, an agent with Time Traveling Matchmaker's Inc, blasts back in time—and into her life—in order to transport Jessica to the soul mate who has paid for this service...in the future. But things turn dangerous when it's revealed that Renn has been sent after his own soul mate.

Caught between two times, Jessica and Renn struggle to stay alive. Falling in love is the biggest risk either of them have ever taken—because, as they are destined to learn, the very existence of Time Traveling Matchmakers, Inc. rests in Jessica's hands.

A Note From the Publisher

Time travel romance

Time travel romance

EDITION Ebook

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

A quick read in which the author cleverly weaves together elements of fantasy and science fiction into a time travel romance that entertains.

Jess's average life takes an unexpected turn with the appearance - and then disappearance - of a man in a trench coat who seems to know who she is. What does he want, and why is she inexplicably drawn to him?

This is a quick, fun read with a really interesting concept and a good hit of romance. However, I felt it could do with more detail about how the time travel worked, and about Renn's future world; although his point of view does get a look-in, his character felt a little two-dimensional, and it should be possible to incorporate more explanation and background without falling into the 'show don't tell' trap. Also, there were a few consistency issues, such as Jess referring to Renn by name before he's even introduced himself - although as I was reading an ARC these may well be fixed. 3.5 stars rounded up.

Renn, an agent with Time Traveling Matchmaker Inc, went back in time to find Jessica for his client.

It's an interesting concept. I like how it blends soul mate and time travel together. :) Both Jessica and Renn are great characters in their own right. Cool concept and great plot.

Thanks to the publisher for the arc.

I enjoyed this sci-fi time traveling romance of Renn and Jessica. The story included witty dialogue, fairly well developed characters, and an engaging storyline. Jessica is a film student working at a coffee house. Her coursework and life was derailed after a break up with her fiancée. One day an odd man wearing a trench coat, Renn, enters the coffee shop and Jessica feels an instant connection to him. Renn is a time traveling matchmaker who was sent to collect Jessica for her soulmate. But he quickly realizes that there was a mistake and he is Jessica’s soulmate. This is where the plot becomes fast paced while Jessica and Renn try to discover the cause of the miscalculation, correct the error, and stay alive long enough to be together. This book has a little bit of everything just like you would expect from a good romantic suspense and sci-fi story - sweet moments, real life issues, imperfect characters, painful pasts, dangerous high stress situations, intrigue, mystery, evil actors, surprises, plot twists, futuristic devices, and some chuckles. The story was written mostly from Renn and Jessica’s POV but we also got POVs from two other characters which gave us some insight into the bad guy’s motivations. I would have liked the story to have included more details of the future and of the mechanics of the time traveling. That part felt like it was not fully fleshed out. Nevertheless, it was a fun enjoyable read.

The Time Traveling Matchmaker by Jamie Emaus is a delightful, good feel easy read. Although the story was light on the time travel specifics and details of the future, it was still an enjoyable read. Some drama with romance with the sci-fi/fantasy element of moving between time periods. The two main characters Jessie and Renn (from the future) play a pinnacle role in the plot and their relationship is enjoyable to see bloom! Other characters are believable (even with the sc-fi aspect) and contribute to some interesting twists in the plot.

Recommended read.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from The Wild Rose Press Inc. via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

The Time Traveling Matchmaker is about finding one’s soulmate even if one must travel through time to do so. The concept is intriguing and the author’s execution of her story is good with plenty of surprises along the way. I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book from NetGalley. Highly recommend.

When I think of romance, I think of books just like this one, that gives all the feels and satisfies every romance junkies' heart. With a element of sci-fi thrown in. This is a perfect book to snuggle up with on any day.

I received this book in exchange for an honest review, which has not altered my opinion of this book. I would like to thank NetGalley and The Wild Rose Press for the ARC copy.

I knew from the title of this book that I was going to be in for an...interesting time. While this book didn't disappoint in the cuteness, it was a bit weird and cringe at points. I honestly feel as though I am doing it a disservice giving it the rating I do, but in good conscience I can't do more than 3, and the remaining plot just made me wince. The characters were interesting and while I have no idea what it would be like to meet an actual soulmate (it being a fictional theory and all), it felt as though the amount of moping Jessica did was just annoying. I had a hard time sympathizing with her in that she seemed to completely shut down when he left and unfortunately that just didn't sit right with me. I also wish we had seen more of what Renn was doing.

This book had an interesting and solid idea, but I am not sure I enjoyed how it was done in the end. Unfortunately I can only give it a 2.5 out of 5.

I don't like giving mediocre reviews, but I really didn't like the book. The plot was okay, but I didn't enjoy the writing style. I suppose it just wasn't my type of book.

The TIme Traveling Matchmaker was a very different read for me. I don't usually read fantasy or paranormal but I really enjoyed this! Jessica works at a coffee house and has recently broken up with her fiancee. Then she meets Renn who is from the future and has come to help her find her soulmate. Only one problem - he is her soulmate! A fun book to read by a debut author!