The Crimson Fathers
by J. Todd Kingrea
This title was previously available on NetGalley and is now archived.
Send NetGalley books directly to your Kindle or Kindle app
To read on a Kindle or Kindle app, please add email@example.com as an approved email address to receive files in your Amazon account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
Also find your Kindle email address within your Amazon account, and enter it here.
Pub Date 01 Nov 2022 | Archive Date 20 Oct 2022
In a post-apocalyptic world where tyranny and medieval torture reign supreme and witch burnings are an everyday occurrence, a top Witchfinder must confront the very Church he serves when he learns of its dark past and twisted plans for the future.
With the Fifth Order in complete control of the Church of the Deiparous, Malachi Thorne and his friends must find “the Flame,” a powerful weapon which may be the only chance they have of halting the evil of the Crimson Fathers. As they navigate the Tex’ahn lands and work with the resistance, Thorne discovers a devastating secret that may destroy them all and everything they have worked for.
This is book two of The Deiparian Saga (book one, The Witchfinder)
A Note From the Publisher
“For fans of epic fantasy and post-apocalyptic fiction, J. Todd Kingrea’s The Crimson Fathers has it all: action, adventure, romance, battles both magical and physical, weird, terrifying monsters, heroes you will love, and villains you will love to hate, all woven into a suspenseful, page-turning plot.” —Arthur Shattuck O'Keefe, author of The Spirit Phone
- Indie Next List (November) Nomination
- Library Reads (November) Nomination
- National Review Coverage
- Extensive marketing to Booksellers, Librarians, and Book Influencers
- Digital ARCs Offered on NetGalley, et al.
- Targeted Consumer Email Marketing
- Extensive Social Media Promotion
Key Selling Points:
- The series is an intelligent, dark fantasy trilogy set in a futuristic medieval-esque world.
- Malachi Thorne is an extremely likable main character. Betrayed by the church he loved, he becomes an avenger for justice. He is joined in his quest by a flawed, but fully engaging cast of characters as well as frightening and very realistic villains.
- Readers have compared the novel to the best parts of the popular TV series The Witcher as well as Veronica Roth’s Divergent series.
- Kingrea’s writing is exciting and fast-paced and will appeal to both male and female readers who love the fantasy genre as well as dystopian fiction.
Average rating from 1 member
Malachi Thorne in this second novel continues a great storyline.
Unusual creatures, a little romance, and a healthy dose of post apocalyptic story that's both interesting and twisty turny.
On a mission to find the flame, an ultimate weapon, this story culminates in a satisfying semi-conclusion.
Enjoyed this book, read if uou like epic fantasy.