Refresh Your Hope

60 Devotions for Trusting God with All Your Heart

Pub Date 03 Jan 2023 | Archive Date Not set

Talking about this book? Use #RefreshYourHope #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Remember that God never fails in a world that disappoints and reclaim your hope in Him through 60 days of warm, story-based devotions from Lori Hatcher. Grow closer to God as you reflect on His generous nature and unwavering commitments. Strengthen your prayer life with thought-provoking prompts, and replace anxiety with trust while encountering Bible truths about the Source of hope, your amazingly faithful God.

Advance Praise

"Lori Hatcher has a gift of reminding us of God’s promises and character through her captivating stories and life experiences. As someone who leads an organization that offers Christian hope to hurting and confused people, I value Refresh Your Hope as a daily boost of encouragement to persevere in both life and ministry." —Mark Baumgartner, founder and executive director of A Moment of Hope

"You’re longing for renewed hope. This book will lead you to the water of hope that never fades. Biblical, practical, and authentic. Renewed hope beckons like cool water on every page." —Lori Stanley Roeleveld, author of Colorful Connections: 12 Questions about Race that Open Healthy Conversations

"As a woman who has served in a lifetime of pastoral ministry alongside my husband, I am continually searching for biblically rooted, theologically sound resources to recommend to those who are wrestling with faith in the midst of deep difficulties. If the content is engaging and compelling, it’s a bonus! Lori Hatcher’s new devotional Refresh Your Hope is just what I’ve been searching for. Like Jesus, Lori uses the power of story to draw modern-day applications from the timeless truths of Scripture, and she does so in a winsome, relatable way. By focusing on the nature, work, and Word of God, Refresh Your Hope leads readers out of despair into a place of joyful faith." —Maggie Wallem Rowe, author of This Life We Share: 52 Reflections on Journeying Well with God and Others

EDITION Paperback
PAGES 272

Send to Kindle (PDF)

Beautiful cover and wonderful real life examples. Easy to read and understand, well written and explained. Uplifting and great book. I will be gifting this to others. Wonderful. Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity to read an advanced copy.

This is probably a good book, but the formating made it difficult to follow. I will have to pass on reading it any further. Thank you for the opportunity.

Wonderful reflections based on real-life stories which are related to scripture to inspire hope in your life. I benefited from reading this book and I know I will will be keeping it close to my heart as I go through difficult times.

Refresh Your Hope: 60 Devotions for Trusting God with All Your Heart by Lori Hatcher is an inspirational book of devotions. It is well-written, uplifting, and very easy to read, with real-life examples that brought the "hope" more to life. I love the line, "we hope tomorrow will be a better day."

A very good book to get in the right frame of mind and start your day. I will read this book over and over again to ground and center myself.

I would recommend this book and give it a 5 out of 5 stars.

#RefreshYourHope #NetGalley

Pub date: 3 Jan 2023

This is broken out into 3 Parts:
God's Nature (Who God Is)
God's Work (What God Does)
God's Word (What God Says)
with 20 Devotionals per Part.

I liked how this book is laid out. Each chapter begins with a story of more current times, tied in with an applicable story from the Bible; and then followed by a prayer at the end of each chapter/ devotional. There is probably a story & accompanying prayer/ devotional that anyone could find to apply to their current situation, hardship or life event. I'll be keeping this book close by for times I need a little extra guidance.

Thank you to the publisher via Netgalley for the ARC to read and review.

I enjoyed reading a galley copy of this devotional. I suppose there are authors whose writing persona is different from their actual personality, but Lori is the genuine article, and her authenticity shines throughout this devotional. The book is testament to the fact that she has the life experience and the writing chops to create something fresh and practical for every reader. The organization is simplicity itself, with a format that is repeated every day, but with content that provides each day with richness and variety. Lori is careful to include relatable stories that draw the reader in, supplementing them with Scripture and sage advice gleaned from a lifetime of living for God. I am grateful for her willingness to see this project to fruition and I can recommend her devotional enthusiastically!

In her book, Refresh Your Hope: 60 Devotions for Trusting God with All Your Heart, Lori Hatcher demonstrates once again why her Refresh series is so loved. The stories that fill each day’s readings are relatable—to all ages, genders, and walks of life. Her story-telling skills are unmatched, seamlessly flowing into a thought you can ponder throughout the day. I especially appreciate her prayers to our Father, the God who sits with us as we begin our days under His watchful care.

Ms. Hatcher uses her own life experience to bring her readers hope in a dark world. She is a wife of a minister and she tells of times in their lives when they clung to hope and the promises of God to get them through. Would recommend highly.

Each devotional starts off with a story about the author or someone they know. From there it moves to verses and biblical application and encouragement. It's not bad but also not my favorite devotional either.

Refreshing Your Hope is a devotional that will bring you hope as your start each day (or that’s how I used it). I really liked the simplicity of this devotional; each chapter starts off with a current story and then the author ties it into a scripture from the bible followed by a prayer to end the chapter. This little devotional would make a great gift for yourself or someone you love who is going through life’s challenges. I know I will reread this over and over again!

Sweet stories written from the heart of good storyteller, these Lori Hatcher devotions celebrate life through the lens of faith. I especially enjoyed the personal stories and memories from the author’s own life. “Refresh Your Hope” by Lori Hatcher is a sweet devotional book with warmhearted stories.

I liked the stories about her granddaughter and the “nightmare fix-it-kit”. The devotional story brought up memories of my own childhood and the comforts of grandma. The story of a family battling a job loss is another example of the connection between author and reader. She understands what readers struggle with, and writes devotional responses from the heart.

I received an Advanced Reader Copy from Netgalley.