The Sum of Us (Adapted for Young Readers)

How Racism Hurts Everyone

Pub Date 31 Jan 2023 | Archive Date 28 Feb 2023

Talking about this book? Use #TheSumofUsAdaptedforYoungReaders #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The New York Times bestseller, now adapted for a new generation of young readers, leaders, thinkers, and activists. A groundbreaking call to action that examines how racism affects and harms all of us and how we need to face it head-on, together.

The future can be prosperous for everyone, but only if we address the problems of racial and economic inequality.
    McGhee believes that all people, of all ages and all backgrounds, need to rethink their attitude toward race and strive together to create opportunities that benefit everyone.
    This book is a call to action. McGhee examines how damaging racism is, not only to people of color but also to white people. She offers hope and real solutions so we can all prosper. An expert in economic policy, McGhee draws lessons both from her work at a think tank and from her travels around the country talking to everyday Americans fighting for a more just and inclusive society.
    The people she meets prove how the stories we tell ourselves about race and belonging influence the policies that determine our shared economic future.
   The Sum of Us provides hope that with understanding and open-mindedness, the world can be more united and equitable than it is today.

Send to Kindle (EPUB)