The National Parks Scavenger Hunt

A Family-Friendly Way to Explore All 63 Parks

Pub Date 09 May 2023 | Archive Date 09 May 2023

Talking about this book? Use #TheNationalParksScavengerHunt #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

Turn every trip into an outdoor adventure for the whole family with these fun-filled scavenger hunts! The National Parks Scavenger Hunt is a great travel companion, as it encourages the whole family to enjoy the sights as they learn about the most majestic of American landscapes. With lists of 5-12 objects for each park, kids can look for, discover, and truly absorb fun and educational facts about each park. To keep it challenging, some of the parks’ iconic features are listed alongside lesser-known gems—like off-the-beaten path waterfalls, harlequin ducks, and regional wildflowers. The National Parks Scavenger Hunt provides hands-on, simple activities that help families be present in the moment while making lasting memories. It’s an activity book, travel guide, and keepsake all rolled into one.

What a wonderful companion for children to learn more about the natural features and residents of the national parks. The guide is easy to understand and beautifully illustrated with plenty of information about each location and the inhabitants. Points are awarded for each item found and as a list lover, this would make me want to visit each and every one. Bonus points for chapters based on sections of the National Park Service rather than states, making it easier to find parks closer to each other. Highly recommended to keep kids engaged during long road trips and to learn so much about our amazing NPS.

This is a great book to keep in ths car for road trips. The illustrations werd cute and bright. I love all the quick facts. Don't understand how Ohio and Indiana aren't in the Midwest section, but that's a tiny thing that hardly matters.
It was fun going through the book pointing out things I've seen in the places I've visited and learning new things, like the Elevation Signs at the Indiana Dunes, will for sure bs checking those out =)

Perfect book for families wanting to engage kids in visiting National Parks. The books has a fun scorecard as one seeks out things in the various Parks. The graphics are fun for kids and adults. I look forward to the publication. I plan on purchasing this for my daughter’s family.

Thank you #NetGalley, #TimberPress and #StacyTornio for the advance readers copy for my honest review.

A book written to engage individuals as well as a family. This will drive communication between people and family members. Providing details on the location, size, established and what the park is famous for as well as additional details and items to identify while visiting the park. This level of detail will be educational and discussion points for family members as well as great opportunity for photos. Observing while leaving the parks in pristine condition. This book can also provide for friendly competition between family, friends or siblings. There is something for everyone within the pages of this book providing a great opportunity for additional learning while traveling and observing the beauty of nature.

Colorfully illustrated this book covers all 63 National Parks. It gives a list of things five to ten things to look for while visiting parks with points given for each. Facts given about the animals, plants or locations and I found the information educational. I think my only complaint is that too many of the things to find are animals. I live in a state with five national parks I have visit often with my National Parks Pass. Seeing animals, unless common like bison in Yellowstone, can be very difficult. It is much easier to find landmarks that make the National Park unique. But overall this is a fun book that is meant to engage children (and adults) while visiting national parks. Thank you to NetGalley and Timber Press for a temporary ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This is a nice book, with charming illustrations. It provides short summaries of each of the National Parks along with animals/people/landmarks to find when visiting each park. Each of the items has a point value attached. For example, if you spot a park ranger in one of the parks, it might be worth 2 points. Presumably, while visiting a particular park, you would be looking for each of the items on the list for that park and scoring as many points as possible. It looks like there's a checklist you can mark off for each item spotted. As a result, I think this book would be especially suited for ownership as opposed to library borrowing. I can see young readers enjoying this game if they are visiting one of the parks in person.

REVIEW BASED ON ARC FROM NETGALLEY

Great content and illustrations. A good resource for families planning trips to our national parks, through its inclusion of activities and sights that they won't want to miss on potential trips.

I feel like I learned a lot from this book! I can't wait until it publishes and my family and I can use it on our trips to the National Parks. We have been to a few, but we have plans to visit a lot more.

Thanks NetGalley and the publisher for this ARC!

The National Parks Scavenger Hunt was such a fun book! Perfect for folks of all ages. Make sure you pick up a copy before your next National Parks adventure!

The National Parks Scavenger Hunt is a great read for anyone planning to visit a national park soon or has in the past. This fun book is filled with cool graphics and basic facts for each park. Each park has a list of items to find and a corresponding point value based on the difficulty of finding the item. I was pleasantly surprised with how much information is packed into this fun little book. Each park is highlighted and within each park all of the scavenger hunt items have a blurb explaining what it is or the history behind it. The back of the book has a scorecard where you can track your points for each park. You could even score parks you’ve already visited with a little trip down memory lane. I know my kids would enjoy this scavenger hunt book and would be great for any family with national parks on their bucket list.

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for letting me review this book. This was a fun read! The illustrations were nice and it was great reading all the interesting facts about the flora and fauna of the national parks.

A fun, simple and interesting travel guide for the National Parks. Beautiful artwork. I think it would make a nice gift.

We travel with the kids and stop in national parks along the way. This book is so fun for not only the kids, but we enjoy finding the items on the scavenger hunt. All the years that we have been going to national parks and never thought of adding a scavenger hunt to the fun. All the items on the scavenger hunt are explained in detail what they are. Example if you are looking for a type of tree, you also learn all about that tree.

This book was absolutely perfect for planning and enjoying trips to the national parks. Lots of ideas of things to do and tons of good background info on the parks. It will keep you entertained and informed and definitely adds an extra layer to the park experience. I definitely recommend this one for families or couples especially!!

I am thrilled with this book and think it would suit all ages. Younger readers will enjoy ticking off the items while older readers will appreciate being focused and informed by the entries. I live near a National park and tried out the scavenger hunt. It enhanced my experience of revisiting. Will definitely be buying this book !

I love going to national parks! We've gone to a few with our kids but also hope to take our grandkids some day in the near future. This is the perfect book for kids to learn a little about each national park...where they are located at and what you'll most likely see there. I think they'd have a great time checking things off as they experience them.

Thank you Netgalley for the opportunity to read and review. I really enjoyed this and plan to purchase a copy for my littles.

Publishes 9 May 2023.

The National Parks Scavenger Hunt
A Family-Friendly Way to Explore All 63 Parks
by Stacy Tornio
EARC: NETGALLEY
PUBLISHER: Timber Press
PUBLICATION DATE: 09 May 2023
GENRE: Outdoor Nature Travel

We are traveling with our children and are stopping at a national park along the way. Not only is this book great fun for kids, they also love finding items on scavenger hunts.For years we've been going to the national parks, but to add to the fun scavenger his hunts never thought of. All items in the scavenger hunt have detailed descriptions of what they are. For example, searching for a tree species will also give you all the information about that tree. Enjoy the National Park! . This is a great book for children to learn about each national park.where they are and what they are most commonly seen there.
A very cute and interesting read. I can't wait to use this book as a guide for my trips to the national parks.

#NetGalley #bookstagram #bookreview #goodreads #outdoors #nature #travel

Thank you NetGalley. Boy, I wish I had this book when I was younger! For family vacations we would often go visit different parks. This would have been fun for us kids on those visits.

Targeted for kids and familied to get them interested in National Parks that they might be visiting on an upcoming vacation.

Covers all 63 National Parks (although not National Monuments or other National Sites) the book is 220+ pages. The font is targeted towards young readers. There are approximately 3-4 "blurbs" per page. Even though some are repeated, the "blurbs" are not copied. For example black bears and grizzlies can both be found at Glacier, you can tell them apart by their fur and size. At Yosemite you can also find both black bears and grizzlies, but this "blurb" further points out that grizzlies have a slight hump above their shoulder.

I've loved animals and nature for years, but I learned a lot of details in this book. Like moose calves can outrun a person in 5 days and that nearly all of a moose's summer diet is on willow leaves. So identifying that type of tree might also help you find a moose.

I really enjoyed this book and didn't just skim it; I read every word. So many birds and critters that I had never known. Also many unique species that can only be found in one specific National Park (or that area).

The book does not contain pictures, but it does contain many illustrations by Ben Gibson of Pop Chart which are very, very good.

Publication date May 9, 2023.

Thank you to NetGalley for yet again ... introducing me to a "new to me author". I've requested 101 Outdoor Adventures by the same author from the library. Hopefully it gets here before my young niece and nephew visit before Thanksgiving. And many thanks to the author Stacy Turnio and the publisher Timber Press for approving my request for the advance read copy of National Parks Scavenger Hunt in exchange for an honest review.

Fun and creative book for kids to take along on summer vacation. Ms. Tornio has created scavenger hunts for some of the most popular national parks in the United States. The flora and fauna to search for are often distinctive to the local region the park is in, and facts and drawings supplement the searches. For kids not sold on a long car trip or camping vacation in the parks, this is a great way to pique their interest. Families can search together, or kids could compete with each other to find all the items in the park. Great idea, and a fun present to include in the childrens' luggage or to stick under the Christmas tree in anticipation of summer vacation.

I love this book !!! .
We RV and we like to visit our nations Parks so this will come in very handy. This book covers information about the nation parks you are visiting and the history of it. It also includes information about what the park is know for and what it has to offer for a great visit.. The Scavenger hunt is a fun bonus to do to keep your kids entertained and you get points if you see the things listed in the scavenger hunt which will make it funnier for the kids. This book is full of information about our nations parks
I will say it again I love this book we will definitely be reading it and using it the next time we head out on another adventure.

I received this complimentary from NetGalley. I read through this to use with my son who is 6 and this will be a delight! I am very excited! The artwork was great and the info on the "items" to find was fun to read through. I know my son will appreciate it!

Grab your e-bike, your backpack, or your EV. This scavenger hunt will give you fresh perspectives on this amazing country. Discover the boundless energy nature supplies. Make the time to explore and rejuvenate your mind and body. This book will take you on a journey of some of the lesser known and intriguing areas in America. Set a goal. Make the time. Let your adventure begin. What is your travel plan? As always, share your adventures and pay it forward. On your marks, get set, travel!

Beautiful artwork in the National Parks Scavenger Hunt book. This was perfect for planning and enjoying trips to the national parks. It was filled with things to do and background information on the parks. It will keep you entertained, informed, and adds to the park experience. Thank you, Net Galley!

This book is not only a scavenger hunt but also a history and reference book. It provides a bit of information about U.S. National Parks as well as a description about each item you are looking for. It is neatly categorized into specific geographic areas, which is helpful for families visiting multiple nearby parks.

It’s important to note that this scavenger hunt includes a mix of landmarks or fixed objects, such as lighthouses and trees, and wildlife, such as wolves and prairie dogs. Some kids may love the thrill of the hunt and others may be discouraged when they cannot find everything.

This book is a beautiful mix of colors, fonts and illustrations. It would be a great gift for any child interested in the natural world around them.

Thank you, NetGalley and Timber Press for the ARC!