Threadneedle

Pub Date 31 Jan 2023 | Archive Date 21 Feb 2023
Harper 360, HarperVoyager

Talking about this book? Use #Threadneedle #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

The Sunday Times No.4 bestsellerWithin the boroughs of London, nestled among its streets, hides another city, filled with magic.

‘Magic and love. Love and magic. They destroy everything in the end …’

Anna’s Aunt has always warned her of the dangers of magic. Its twists. Its knots. Its deadly consequences.

Now Anna counts down the days to the ceremony that will bind her magic forever.

Until she meets Effie and Attis.

They open her eyes to a London she never knew existed. A shop that sells memories. A secret library where the librarian feeds off words. A club where revellers lose themselves in a haze of spells.

But as she is swept deeper into this world, Anna begins to wonder if her Aunt was right all along.

Is her magic a gift … or a curse?

‘Magic and love. Love and magic. They destroy everything...

EDITION Paperback

Send to Kindle (EPUB)

What a great start to a story that i couldn't put down! Full of interesting magic, characters, and a world I wanted to come back to time and time again.

This book is fantastic it involves magic, family, and academia. It reads very smoothly and is written very well. When a girl is from a family of people who can do magic and is raised by her aunt because her parents died and is forced to give up her magic. This is the first time I have read a book with this being the main plot. Then add in her mom's best friend and two teenagers, the high school drama, and so many more exciting things the book keeps getting better.
However, I wish we got more background about the main character's mom's best friend in the beginning and what happened between her and the main character's aunt.

This book really came to me at the right time. I adored Anna, Effie, and Attis. They were an incredible trio that really carried this entire story, in itself the book has an interesting story but really the characters made this incredible.

This book is one that isn't easy to fit in a category. The age of the characters and the themes seem like this book should be YA, but to me the tone felt very much like an adult book. Whatever category this fits into, the story sucked me in and kept me reading until late at night. I hope there will be more because I was drawn to these characters and hope to read more about their story. I also have some theories about some of the unresolved plotlines that I would like to find out if I'm right or not!