Tell Me the Dream Again

Reflections on Family, Ethnicity, and the Sacred Work of Belonging

Pub Date 09 May 2023 | Archive Date 09 Jul 2023

Talking about this book? Use #TellMetheDreamAgain #NetGalley. More hashtag tips!

“I’ve always felt unfit as a Korean but somehow too Korean everywhere else.”

Tasha Jun has always been caught between worlds: American and Korean, faith and doubt, family devotion and fierce independence. As a Korean American, she wandered between seemingly opposing worlds, struggling to find a voice to speak and a firm place for her feet to land.

The world taught Tasha that her Korean normal was a barrier to belonging—that assimilation was the only way she would ever be truly accepted. But if that were true, did that mean God had made a mistake in knitting her together?

Told with tender honesty and compelling prose, Tell Me the Dream Again is a memoir-in-essays exploring

• what it means to be biracial in America today
  • the joy and healing that comes with embracing every part of who we are, and
  • how our identity in Christ is tightly woven with the unique colors, scents, and culture he’s given us.
We are not outsiders to God. When we let all the details of ourselves unfold—when we embrace who we were divinely knit together to be—this is when we’ll fully experience his perfect love.
“I’ve always felt unfit as a Korean but somehow too Korean everywhere else.”

PAGES 240