I Am So the Boss of You

An 8-Step Guide to Giving Your Family the "Business"

Pub Date 26 Mar 2013 | Archive Date 02 Apr 2013

A hilarious, tongue-firmly-in-cheek look at a promising new trend in parenting: being the boss!

In this day and age - when parenting books are a dime a dozen - it's easy for a mom to get confused. Do you go democratic or hover like a helicopter? Do you take a tiger-ish approach, or something more "hands off," like those French women who supposedly raise perfect children? Parenting author and humourist Kathy Buckworth has a completely different idea: Why not let the boardroom be your guide? In I Am So the Boss of You, Buckworth imagines a world where corporate policies and practices rule on the home front, and Mom is most definitely in charge!

Advance Praise

I Am So the Boss of You is the rare book that manages to be both hilarious and practical. A terrific guide for all parents.”—Gretchen Rubin, bestselling author of Happier at Home and The Happiness Project

“This book had me laughing my head off while nodding wildly. While I've never been the perfect CEO of my family, Kathy has definitely given me a good audit. I Am So the Boss of You will remind you why your toddler should never, EVER run your household.”

—Tracy Moore, Host of Citytv's Cityline